Chance The Rapper tryna pour cold water on that Hot Girl/City Boy shyt with this wholesome bop

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
This is what hip hop has become? :mjlol:

Become? This song wouldn't be out of place in the early 90's mainstream hip hop scene. All I can see in my head listening to this song is a soul train line:russ:

Y'all gonna stop pretending "ice ice baby" and "can't touch this" and "baby got back" ain't exist.:comeon:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Fat boys, biz Mark... Fun clown shyt ain't new tho

Become? This song wouldn't be out of place in the early 90's mainstream hip hop scene. All I can see in my head listening to this song is a soul train line:russ:

Y'all gonna stop pretending "ice ice baby" and "can't touch this" and "baby got back" ain't exist.:comeon:

Y'all nuccas dense? :what:

I'm talking about how the sound of hip hop has virtually devolved into sounding like some late 90s drum 'n bass Eurotrash sh1t, boyeeeee! :martin:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Plant the rapper is a no go around here friend :ufdup:

He had kind of a low key release for someone on 2 out of 5 commercials though :patrice:

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Y'all nuccas dense? :what:

I'm talking about how the sound of hip hop has virtually devolved into sounding like some late 90s drum 'n bass Eurotrash sh1t, boyeeeee! :martin:

And i'm saying there have always been hip hop like that. The only thing bad about music in the present day is we have this negative criticism culture. People rather talk about music and artists they don't don't like than big up artists that they do.

Whatever your personal definition of quality hip hop is I guarentee theres several artists making that kind of music. But you want to shyt on the whole genre because a mainstream pop rapper realesed a mainstream pop song?

Haters been saying hip hop dead for 2 decades.

Daps
And i'm saying there have always been hip hop like that. The only thing bad about music in the present day is we have this negative criticism culture. People rather talk about music and artists they don't don't like than big up artists that they do.

Whatever your personal definition of quality hip hop is I guarentee theres several artists making that kind of music. But you want to shyt on the whole genre because a mainstream pop rapper realesed a mainstream pop song?

Haters been saying hip hop dead for 2 decades.
i was just speaking on this the other day..

most folks nowadays wouldve hated majority of hip-hop that came out in the early-mid 90s.. De la, Tribe, basically almost anything Native Tongues.. alot of these clowns wouldve HATED sh!t like this. .

:dead: