Charlottesville hero: Wes Bellamy

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

What goes unmentioned about the 30 year old Mayor of Charlottesville is why over 40k white supremacists came. It was because Mayor Bellamy was not just going to take down the statue, but he was going to get descendents of slaves reparations from UVA. Not just admission bullshyt like Georgetown but actual cash reparations. This was going to set a precedence similar to Dred Scott for Blacks. This would open up Blacks nationwide case for reparations and what's owed to descendents of slaves.

What this man did isn't some fukk nikka shyt like marching for a dead nikka, or telling cousin Pookie to go to the polls and vote Ms. Hillary. He could an action that came with a major blow. This is what Black politics looks like.

charlottesville_va_backs_reparations_fund_for

Daps
Reppin
Oakland

What goes unmentioned about the 30 year old Mayor of Charlottesville is why over 40k white supremacists came. It was because Mayor Bellamy was not just going to take down the statue, but he was going to get descendents of slaves reparations from UVA. Not just admission bullshyt like Georgetown but actual cash reparations. This was going to set a precedence similar to Dred Scott for Blacks. This would open up Blacks nationwide case for reparations and what's owed to descendents of slaves.

What this man did isn't some fukk nikka shyt like marching for a dead nikka, or telling cousin Pookie to go to the polls and vote Ms. Hillary. He could an action that came with a major blow. This is what Black politics looks like.

Link is broken for me (iPhone)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

He wasn't giving slaves reparations though, he got money that he was using for government programs for low income and I think a position for black male achievement coordinator or something like that.

and in the midst of all of this, we also got an equity package passed, which I presented in January, before we had our first vote—and it was unanimously passed—which gave us $950,000 to our African American Heritage Center, $250,000 to build onto one of the parks in the local African-American community. We got $2.5 million to public housing redevelopment, $50,000 annually for anyone who lives in public housing to get free GED training, another $50,000 to anyone who lives 80 percent below the AMI, which is the annual median income, as well as public housing, to have scholarships of sorts to go to our local community college. We got a position for black male achievement, which we’re calling a youth opportunity coordinator. So, I mean, in all, in all, it was about $4 million, basically, from funding, put specifically into marginalized communities to help bridge the gap and create equity.

All of this is about equity. We need equity, and not equality. Those are two different things. Equity is giving everyone what they need in order to have the same playing field. Equality is just giving everyone the same thing. I don’t want equality. I want us to have equity. And we’re going to push for equity in every space, whether that’s public parks, whether that’s in our city budget, no matter where it is, as long as I’m on council. And I’m going to push for it until the day I die.

That isn't anything close to reparations.
I don't see how he is a hero either, just the usual white liberal throw money shyt targeted only at the poor. What the fukk does a heritage center that is outside funded do for blacks today? what does a quarter million dollar park do for blacks?