Chess is an amazing game

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Used to play it a ton when I was younger, then kinda forgot about it and got washed by my uncle over the last few years, so it motivated me to get back into it.

It's really true when they say chess is a mirror image of successful life planning, always be one move ahead of the obstacle in front of you (be it an opponent or facet of life).

Anyway, I'm sure some of you Coli members play chess. What level are you at? Do you prefer white/black? inb4 :mjpls:

Also, for those more advanced players, what kind of strategies do you like to play with white/black? Are you an offensive/defensive-minded player?

Any chess related discussion is welcome here. :banderas:

chesssss.gif

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Used to play it back in the 8th grade. This “mentor” kind of dude would come to my gym period and we would go to his office and play, no :sitdown: (fukk y’all nikkas)

I wasn’t good at it, and I never beat the dude but MAN, that shyt was so fun to me. I knew how to play and how the pieces moved (except the knight piece, it moves in a L pattern and it’s confusing) .

I was thinking about getting a board but I don’t have nobody to play with :mjcry:

Inf1ne

Banned
Daps
Used to play it back in the 8th grade. This “mentor” kind of dude would come to my gym period and we would go to his office and play, no :sitdown: (fukk y’all nikkas)

I wasn’t good at it, and I never beat the dude but MAN, that shyt was so fun to me. I knew how to play and how the pieces moved (except the knight piece, it moves in a L pattern and it’s confusing) .

I was thinking about getting a board but I don’t have nobody to play with :mjcry:
Play online or something

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Yes it's fun but always losing at it

why dyou think you are losing?

Love that shyt....:wow:...I've taught all my kids how to play....if you've ever played organized sports and liked drawing up them plays this would be a good game for you...I have to say I'm pretty damn good...:jawalrus:...

what kinda strategies you use often breh?

I don't know how to play. I only know that the punk piece moves like 2 spots of some shyt.

:mjlol: "punk" piece

you can always play online. chess.com. if you ever want games, lemme know. my username is like this one.

knight moves basically in straight lines (never diagonal). so it goes 2 spots in any direction (forward/backwards whatever) and then one to the left right so it forms the L-shape as you said. It can do it in any direction.

I like to castle to make the game mine and unfair for u even if you pick white pieces
Once I see you a pawn and horse killer (usually small time in real life)the queen and bishops bout to tear ya ass up.

one of my goals early on is to always prevent a dude from castling. not saying castling will guarantee someone success but I like to leave their king exposed in the middle if possible. so if I can get a check where I force the king to move (even at the cost of exchanging queens), I'll usually go for it