Chigozi Obioma: There are no successful black nations

Is he right?

• Yes, if black people had a successful first world country, we'd be more respected

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • No, the world would hate us anyway

Votes: 45 51.7%

• Total voters

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
Damn it’s crazy… I wrote this earlier today

“If the world powers gathered together for a feast; the black man would be seated at the kiddie table. At least until it’s time to entertain.”

:francis:

Interesting discourse in here. The first part in solving a problem is acknowledging it.

:salute:
salute to the brehs looking in our collective mirror and seeing where vast improvements can be made.

Although the challenge seems infinitely daunting

:mjcry:

Daps
Damn it’s crazy… I wrote this earlier today

“If the world powers gathered together for a feast; the black man would be seated at the kiddie table. At least until it’s time to entertain.”

:francis:

Interesting discourse in here. The first part in solving a problem is acknowledging it.

:salute:
salute to the brehs looking in our collective mirror and seeing where vast improvements can be made.

Although the challenge seems infinitely daunting

:mjcry:

Reminds me of the Windows vs Linux server wars of the late 90s/early 2Ks. The Linux kernel, at the time, had the infamous "C10k" concurrency problem. From 1 to 9999, Lintels were on par or superior to Windows. Once it hit that 10K threshold, Windows ate it's lunch whether it was web serving/file serving or supercomputing. What did you think the Linux kernel developers did? Did they complain or did they fix the problem. They did the latter. They did it so well, Microsoft gave up trying to compete in 2015 and just reentered the list this year with a Linux option running Ubuntu on the TOP500 list.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I'm not even sure that this us true but we know how much the continent if Africa has been plundered by Europeans. Most black nations struggling isn't shocking. Now if one got propped up the way the west did for Israel then this wouldn't be the case.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
I tend to avoid these threads because, like many threads, it's people just bashing themselves or blacks without any real solutions out there. "OMG fukking blacks blacks fukking suck ljksdafihsafndsfu.hbsdfkn.osuhnfosf" that's what it sounds like and it is pretty fukking annoying. If further bothers me because other groups, even when deficient don't spend this much time openly bashing themselves. At the very least, if they comment on their problems, there is a solution attached to it, even if it is a less than savory one. I suggest you brehs learn the importance of perception.

As for my solution, again, we should give heavy consideration to perception. Beyond respectability, we should make ideas about ourselves that we want to push be go to stereotypes about us and have such be based in positivity and strength. Seeing how 4cac can push memes to influence and manipulate people into thinking and believing things, seeing how conspiracy theorists and so on are able to get people like Kanye and Kyrie to believe certain things, we should be targeting such people with ideas that will move our race forward. Imagine if Kanye's main message was how the media is not very black positive and how that should change. Imagine if Kyrie's main talking points were about how black male leadership should be aimed at full ownership of their existence rather than keeping the peace. Jews aside, imagine if their whole points were not about white lives matters or flat earth but rather the importance of creating and establishing a black hegemony or sorts. In the end, these brehs fell for one meme instead of another. Let the memes and conspiracy theories they fall for be ones that help us. I hate to put it like that but in all honesty, am I wrong?

Moreover, I tend to roll my eyes at @Matt504 's posts but one thing I do agree with him on is how we should do a better job of policing our own image, not only as black people but as black men. We should rally together better to cancel those that we would try to talk down on us or disparage us, both as black people and black men. I have seen more and more of that, which is heartening and it shows that we can if we want to. Say what you want about the black manosphere but it shows that black men can unite the world over on something that is not based in dealing with racism. Now if only the other shoe can drop so that unity leads to the creation of industries and so on. One day it'll happen. A breh can dream. :wow:

Also, fear is more important than respect. Always remember that.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
So often i see shyt like this and laugh in disbelief.... idk wtf people want at this point.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Stop taking those loans and stop Arabizing