China conducts live-fire exercises in Djibouti

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Well, not sure what started this or where it is heading but there are rumors they will be holding more complex exercises with Djibouti later this year or next year. Everyone seems to have stuff in Djibouti now...even the Japanese Defense Forces have a base!
Article Link

Last week, the Chinese military conducted live-fire exercises at a range in the Republic of Djibouti. News of these exercises made headlines across China and around the world.

Images of the soldiers and tanks participating in the exercises were also widely shared on social media. According to media reporting, Chinese military officials maintain that the purpose of these exercises was to put their strategies to the test. They also point out that these exercises are consistent with their stated commitment to ensure that their soldiers stationed in Djibouti conduct regular military exercises on par with their colleagues stationed back home. Meanwhile, Chinese military experts suggest that these exercises were not just a way to showcase the Chinese military on the world stage. They may also be a prologue to more complex drills to be carried out later this year.

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
Wouldn't a peaceful reunification of Somali-speaking lands be better? :francis:

War has to happen. Kenya and Ethiopia have to suffer for destabilizing us for the last 20 years. I wanna make a regional point about supremacy. In our weakest moments, our neighbors took advantage of us. No peace, only war and revenge. Somalia at its height in the 70s was feared. I wanna drive midget Ethiopians back to the highland caves where they belong.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
War has to happen. Kenya and Ethiopia have to suffer for destabilizing us for the last 20 years. I wanna make a regional point about supremacy. In our weakest moments, our neighbors took advantage of us. No peace, only war and revenge. Somalia at its height in the 70s was feared. I wanna drive midget Ethiopians back to the highland caves where they belong.

-sigh-
:francis:

I hope your ethnic group knows peace someday.

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
-sigh-
:francis:

I hope your ethnic group knows peace someday.

It is the age of African empires again. The West will fall into the next few decades. The future belongs to those who rewrote the the colonial borders by force. I come from a warrior race who are used to fighting each other on some petty shyt. Why not use that energy and conquer the whole region? Why you think Ethiopia fears us so much and done everything to control our affairs in the last 25 years? There's a reason.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Ans what about the international consequences? Djibouti is an IMPORTANT base for many countries.

Son of cali

WHITE PRIDE | WHITE NATIONALIST
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
You can't wish for war and expect people to risk their live while you are typing behind a screen in a foreign country.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
It is the age of African empires again. The West will fall into the next few decades. The future belongs to those who rewrote the the colonial borders by force. I come from a warrior race who are used to fighting each other on some petty shyt. Why not use that energy and conquer the whole region? Why you think Ethiopia fears us so much and done everything to control our affairs in the last 25 years? There's a reason.

Given Somalia has a huge coastline, wouldn't maritime prosperity and hegemony in the Red Sea be preferable? If Ethiopia's goods go through your ports instead of Asmara maybe you will have leverage..

But seriously, Mohammed Gran was the 16th century, even Siad Barre wasn't on some regional conquest shyt. Need a new strategy. Somalia is surround by potentially hostile nations and no one wins two front wars.

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
Given Somalia has a huge coastline, wouldn't maritime prosperity and hegemony in the Red Sea be preferable? If Ethiopia's goods go through your ports instead of Asmara maybe you will have leverage..

But seriously, Mohammed Gran was the 16th century, even Siad Barre wasn't on some regional conquest shyt. Need a new strategy. Somalia is surround by potentially hostile nations and no one wins two front wars.

True. But we always be a existential threat to both those nations due to colonial borders. If the AU was bout it bout it, they would organize a conference room to redraw borders. But the West would never go for that.