Chris Rock And Jada Pinkett Call Out The Oscars For Lack Of Diversity

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Al Sharpton Even Said This

"Hollywood is like the Rocky Mountains, the higher up you get the whiter it gets and this year's Academy Awards will be yet another Rocky Mountain Oscars," he said. "Yet again, deserving Black actors and directors were ignored by the Academy—which reinforces the fact that there are few if any Blacks with real power in Hollywood."

i feel like there needs to be some type Of SAG for black actors. basically start building up some sort of collective group. but i doubt hollywood will let that happen. but i feel its possible.

Jermio

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the industry, not the Oscars. The only black dudes who had a chance at getting nominated this year were Elba, Smith, and Michael B. Jordan. Smith's film didn't have the reviews (and he got nominated twice before, so don't give me any bullshyt about the Academy being too racist to nominate Will Smith), Elba had the Netflix problem, and Michael B. Jordan got "good, not great" reviews. The problem is in CASTING, not awards bullshyt which comes from what's already out there. People are talking in circles and sounding retarded. They need to ask why Laurence Fishburne, Don Cheadle, Bassett, etc. aren't working with top people instead of repeating this shyt like Michael B. Jordan is gonna have more clout than other snubbed people like Depp. Hollywood is racist in that it doesn't cast blacks, asians, hispanics, etc. in any fair proportions, but that's the real problem.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just off the top of my head I can call a grip of performances by actors of color that were worthy of nominations:
Samuel L. Jackson in The Hateful Eight
Idris Elba and Abraham Attah in Beats of No Nation
Will Smith in Concussion
Benicio Del Toro in Sicario
Oscar Isaac in Ex Machina

y que

Banned
Daps
whats jada crying about

her husband is the blandest black actor ever

idris elba shoulda gotten a nom though

i had him at best performance over dicaprio

leo can finally get his award finally and people can stop whining i guess

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's the industry, not the Oscars. The only black dudes who had a chance at getting nominated this year were Elba, Smith, and Michael B. Jordan. Smith's film didn't have the reviews (and he got nominated twice before, so don't give me any bullshyt about the Academy being too racist to nominate Will Smith), Elba had the Netflix problem, and Michael B. Jordan got "good, not great" reviews. The problem is in CASTING, not awards bullshyt which comes from what's already out there. People are talking in circles and sounding retarded. They need to ask why Laurence Fishburne, Don Cheadle, Bassett, etc. aren't working with top people instead of repeating this shyt like Michael B. Jordan is gonna have more clout than other snubbed people like Depp. Hollywood is racist in that it doesn't cast blacks, asians, hispanics, etc. in any fair proportions, but that's the real problem.

You left out samuel l jackson. Even people who hated hateful eight loved his performance

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It is the Oscars because Straight Outta Compton isn't some small movie nobody saw and Creed somehow garnered a nomination for Sylvester Stallone and Concussion was a major studio movie; same with Sam Jackson and Hateful Eight.
The Industry has a race issue and The Oscar nominations are chosen by people in THE INDUSTRY...you can't separate the two.

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I feel its definitely this. The moment I saw the trailer for exodus I knew it was this. Casting isn't really equal.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
wasn't will smith just saying "he doesn't see a race problem in hollywood"?

any who hollywood is a system built by whites for whites

we should just focus on gathering resources so we can put out our own high quality films, SOC and Beast of no Nation were written by whites (SOC is up for best screenplay :wtb:)