• Captain America : civil war

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • osu sucks

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
honestly i don't even know if i could give the edge to empire over star wars for the simple fact that it's not a standalone film. it's an amazing sequel that expanded on the original and took it to new and unforeseen places but it's entire structure is built on the foundation of the first movie. fact is you can't just watch empire by itself and get a wholesome experience, it doesn't even have a solid ending.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
honestly i don't even know if i could give the edge to empire over star wars for the simple fact that it's not a standalone film. it's an amazing sequel that expanded on the original and took it to new and unforeseen places but it's entire structure is built on the foundation of the first movie. fact is you can't just watch empire by itself and get a wholesome experience, it doesn't even have a solid ending.

I don't understand this, sequels/cinematic universes imply you need to see all parts to appreciate an installment. Why are we acting like we are watching these movies in a vacuum. We're not, people are aware that ESB is part 2 and if you want to understand everything watch part 1.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I don't understand this, sequels/cinematic universes imply you need to see all parts to appreciate an installment. Why are we acting like we are watching these movies in a vacuum. We're not, people are aware that ESB is part 2 and if you want to understand everything watch part 1.

that's a fair point but if you're comparing two movies i think you have to take these things into account.

empire actually feels like the middle piece of a story, a new hope feels like a complete film.