Co workers passing away and dying how do you deal with it?

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Fellas and ladies how you deal with a co worker passing someone you use to work with who cared and put in good work. He leaves behind a wife and kids. He worked hard to man always traveling to different sites to help out. Now that he’s gone makes me wonder was it worth it. Not shocked but sometimes I feel like these things are eye opening.

Striving For Greatness

Get Certs or Die Tryin
Daps
A dude I worked with got killed at a bar

We were supposed to start going to the gym together the following Monday

I was wondering why he didn’t want to workout during the weekend bc we were warehouse associates at Amazon and I had zero energy for anything after the shift :dead:

I later found out that he used to start tweaking whenever he would drink and I used to feel bad bc maybe I could’ve prevented that situation if I would’ve pushed for us to hit the gym on the weekends

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Had a colleague that passed. He was in his 40s with a blended family. shyt hit me like a tone of bricks when it happened. I had spoken with him a few times in work related shyt….

Then had a coworker die a year after I left. We were close and I went to the funeral. He talked about his family a lot do when I met them thry had told me he talked about me all the time. Another family man who died while doing out for a jog. We were supposed to meet up before Caribana that year.

We woek because we have obligations and the system is built to keep us that way.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fellas and ladies how you deal with a co worker passing someone you use to work with who cared and put in good work. He leaves behind a wife and kids. He worked hard to man always traveling to different sites to help out. Now that he’s gone makes me wonder was it worth it. Not shocked but sometimes I feel like these things are eye opening.
Sounds like you’d rather be doing something else. Better get to it, life is short. Just get some life insurance.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Sounds like you’d rather be doing something else. Better get to it, life is short. Just get some life insurance.
Bet I’m on it man. This job ain’t what it is. I don’t regret things in my life but this job I have right now ain’t it so I’m making moves man. It’s either or new job or a new company at this point. Just have to play my cards right.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Realize that your job will be backfilled soon after you die. However, your role as a father, husband, brother, son, friend etc can never be backfilled.

Put effort and energy into your job, because it pays the bills and affords you a certain lifestyle. But put even greater effort into your relationships because once those are gone they are not coming back.

Last edited:

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
This why you don't waste time on bullshyt. Go for your dreams because death is closer with each passing second

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Had a similar situation recently, not a coworker but a family friend. Died relatively young and has left behind a wife and kids. The family will be fine financially…but it hurts my heart thinking of the two kids now nearing their teenage years, not having their father there with them