Cody Rhodes Says Vince Doesn't Hold NXT Superstars Back, Believes They "Become Lazy" After NXT

2CT

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own šŸŒ
some stars do get "held back" in the company but it has nothing to do with whether they came from NXT or not

the 205 Live roster should have more of a gripe with being "held back" than anybody who was on NXT, there's no reason at all why them dudes shouldn't be fighting wrestlers outside of that division

they treat them nikkas like womens wrestlers :supascust:

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Family he himself admits he didn't improve and got out of shape and you're still putting the blame elsewhere. I really don't get that. :patrice:

And why does everyone have to succeed? Nothing works like that. Some people make it, some people don't. The NXT success rate is already insanely high. NXT has produced two universal champs, a MITB winner, a Royal Rumble winner, and a bunch of mid-card and tag team belt holders. Not to mention, the entire womens division on both shows pretty much. And this is just in what...the last 2 or so years? The roster is filled with NXT people who are gonna get their shots in the coming months and years, plus some more up behind them, some of whom will probably get the same hotshot pushes that those before them got.

This NXT thing is people complaining for the sake of complaining. The product as a whole is down. And it's not because they're not pushing NXT alumns. They're pushing the hell out of the good ones.
You are such a mark NXT hasnt produced anything. Vince and Paul put everyone through the NXT process to indoctrinate them to the E way of things, invariably wiping the stink they perceive these ppl to have from the orgs where they made their names

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
You are such a mark NXT hasnt produced anything. Vince and Paul put everyone through the NXT process to indoctrinate them to the E way of things, invariably wiping the stink they perceive these ppl to have from the orgs where they made their names

Literally like 70% or more of the current TV roster is guys and girls that came up with NXT branding. Including announcers and interviewers. NXT has been a huge success for WWE. 3-4 years of NXT has done far more for WWE than a decade of OVW and Deep South.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Literally like 70% or more of the current TV roster is guys and girls that came up with NXT branding. Including announcers and interviewers. NXT has been a huge success for WWE. 3-4 years of NXT has done far more for WWE than a decade of OVW and Deep South.
Its the same system just a different name only difference between then and now is they were a little more restrictive in who they went for. Now they are raiding seasoned vets from TNA, NJPW and all over ppl that are really ready to go but they put them through NXT first to give their brand the rub

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Family he himself admits he didn't improve and got out of shape and you're still putting the blame elsewhere. I really don't get that. :patrice:

And why does everyone have to succeed? Nothing works like that. Some people make it, some people don't. The NXT success rate is already insanely high. NXT has produced two universal champs, a MITB winner, a Royal Rumble winner, and a bunch of mid-card and tag team belt holders. Not to mention, the entire womens division on both shows pretty much. And this is just in what...the last 2 or so years? The roster is filled with NXT people who are gonna get their shots in the coming months and years, plus some more up behind them, some of whom will probably get the same hotshot pushes that those before them got.

This NXT thing is people complaining for the sake of complaining. The product as a whole is down. And it's not because they're not pushing NXT alumns. They're pushing the hell out of the good ones.
Orton has been complacent for years so at what rate did he actually have to improve? I commend him for not making excuses for his run in the company but lets not act like every person has the same opportunity to grow as others.

Is it as bad as most people suggest? Hell no. Is it because these guys come from NXT? Probably not. But to suggest that these guys fail SOLELY on their own merits is complete bullshyt.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
This is true and thats all based on who is running it and the guys theyve signed. William Regal > John Laurinatis

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There are definitely some stars who get held back but that doesn't mean there's no truth to what Cody is saying. We call people out for being lazy all the time. shyt any moment Bray is on tv, we clown him for not evolving and doing the same old shyt. Obviously it's a pick and choose thing on TSC and the IWC in general. People we love are held back while people we dislike are lazy as hell. Not everything is black and white the way people want it to be. More shyt is gray and there's no doubt some truth to what Cody is saying

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like BS because he wants HHH and Vince to hire him when his run is over.
I remember him when he left specifically being because he had no opportunity to advance, which is the reason most people become complacent and just count the checks.
Why try when you know it won't matter and if you do connect with the audience the company will kill it.

They couldn't kill Daniel Bryan :wow:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like BS because he wants HHH and Vince to hire him when his run is over.
I remember him when he left specifically being because he had no opportunity to advance, which is the reason most people become complacent and just count the checks.
Why try when you know it won't matter and if you do connect with the audience the company will kill it.

Cody made his exit out the WWE literally talking about being held back...

He's also been on the record stating since leaving he's understood where he himself went wrong in the E as well. He has acknowledged he played a part in his own career not panning out in the E. He said he didn't pay enough dues to warrant the attitude he was giving writers and such backstage. He said something along the lines of in order for his ideas to come to fruition, he'd have to first bow to the whims of the company and build to that opportunity.

I think that idea is prevalent in the product we see today. New Day, Usos, Rusev all seem to have played the game before and now seem to have more obvious freedom to say and do what they want to an extent. Is there talent being held back? Absolutely. Do we think entire rosters are being held back? I don't think so.

They couldn't kill Daniel Bryan :wow:

They did the opposite by not clearing him actually. :lolbron:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
He's also been on the record stating since leaving he's understood where he himself went wrong in the E as well. He has acknowledged he played a part in his own career not panning out in the E. He said he didn't pay enough dues to warrant the attitude he was giving writers and such backstage. He said something along the lines of in order for his ideas to come to fruition, he'd have to first bow to the whims of the company and build to that opportunity.

I think that idea is prevalent in the product we see today. New Day, Usos, Rusev all seem to have played the game before and now seem to have more obvious freedom to say and do what they want to an extent. Is there talent being held back? Absolutely. Do we think entire rosters are being held back? I don't think so.

They did the opposite by not clearing him actually. :lolbron:
Bowing to the whims is the dumbest shyt I've heard.
Its shyt like that thats fukking up the biz.
Stone Cold did his own thing, the crowd love it, Vince and co rode it, The Rock the same, in WCW DDP did it and they made money, made money with The Outsiders and NWO, and etc.
When the crowd tells you they want bryan and you bring out Batista and Rey Mysterio, because you don't want him to be the guy or it doesn't fit your timeline or plans, its bad business and its bullshyt Cody is trying to act like that doesn't exist or isn't the norm in the WWE.

I expect nothing less than the doubletalk from someone brought up in a carny family though, wrestlers lie more than rappers.

Except for my boy The GOAT Bret.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
On the one hand, I totally see that. For as much as WWE loves pushing the narrative that being a WWE superstar is the only dream their talent has had since they were in the womb, fact is there's probably a good number of men and women in the back who are just fine showing up to TV for their occasional jobber match or to sit in catering, collect their pay, and keep it pushing. Happens in every profession no matter what it is. For some, the time to work hard is when you're trying to get to the dance; once you're there, just kick your feet up and enjoy the perks.

At the same token, talent aren't the ones booking the shows. They're not the ones deciding who does and does not get TV/mic time. Many of them have almost zero say in shaping their promos or characters. Cody may be right in that Vince and co don't hold anyone back, but they also don't afford everyone the same chances to improve or advance in their career. You're not going to tell me Apollo Crews as had as many chances as, say, Baron Corbin or Elias. Not to mention NXT talents who get called up and are almost immediately jobbed out (i.e The Ascension), thus killing the crowd's investment in them.

Rusev is a perfect example of an NXT alum who has proven himself time and again since being called up, holding his own with and even outshining top talent, and he's stuck in the midcard for reasons no one can explain. I don't know much about the man when he's off camera, but based on what I see when he's on my screen, I'd be hard pressed to say he is where he is because he's lazy.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Bowing to the whims is the dumbest shyt I've heard.
Its shyt like that thats fukking up the biz.
Stone Cold did his own thing, the crowd love it, Vince and co rode it, The Rock the same, in WCW DDP did it and they made money, made money with The Outsiders and NWO, and etc.
When the crowd tells you they want bryan and you bring out Batista and Rey Mysterio, because you don't want him to be the guy or it doesn't fit your timeline or plans, its bad business and its bullshyt Cody is trying to act like that doesn't exist or isn't the norm in the WWE.

I expect nothing less than the doubletalk from someone brought up in a carny family though, wrestlers lie more than rappers.

Except for my boy The GOAT Bret.

I agree that it's bullshyt.

Also don't think its far-fetched that there are also lazy people in the locker room. It's been confirmed millions of times throughout the ages.

I blame Vince for the current state of affairs that is the WWE product right now. It's not crazy to think some people are phoning it in tho too.