Coli Contractors - How Much To Build This House?

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Also, what's the smallest size land u think this could fit on?

I've got my eye on 2.74 acres. For some reason it hasn't sold in over a year.

Thanks.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Literally no way anyone on here can price that for you. Any price you get will be a completely made up figure

there is a thousand things that go into the cost of building a house…

finishings, current lumber costs, excavation costs, labor wages, contractor overhead, material shortages, etc

Hit up a builder breh

Daps
Take the Sqft and multiply that by the avg building coast in the area by sqft.

For example if building cost in your area is $2 per sqft x that by 2,743 sqft of the house. That’s a very rough estimate. I would put another 100k on top of that for contingency.

invalid

Banned
Daps
For some reason it reminds me of a modest version of Bonnie Dune, one of my favorite houses in the Hamptons. :ehh:

BonnieDune_ExtEntrance.png

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Those sites usually allow you to purchase a cost estimate, I see one available at the bottom. The cost of the house is going to fluctuate greatly with material costs and finishes. You can easily add 100k to the cost of a house with higher quality finishes and upgrades.

You need to plan on at least 50k in upgrades because builder grade finishes are shyt you will not want.

Fat Fred Jones

Reticent
Daps
Take the Sqft and multiply that by the avg building coast in the area by sqft.

For example if building cost in your area is $2 per sqft x that by 2,743 sqft of the house. That’s a very rough estimate. I would put another 100k on top of that for contingency.

You're on the right track. However the multiplier should be at least $100 per square foot. That would be assuming normal material costs with more basic finishes and cheaper labor. In this current market, I'd estimate $150 - $175 per square foot.

OP, If you want to get a good estimate, I'd suggest getting a "fake" homeowners insurance qoute for that size home. Should take 5-10 minutes. The dwelling coverage is the insurance industry's estimate to rebuild a home of that size with your ideal materials. Materials and labor vary by region.

I'm located in the Atlanta and always get new homeowners insurance quotes every renewal. The dwelling coverage estimates are almost always somewhere around $125 per square foot.

Also if you're building on undeveloped land without any current utilities, you could be looking at another $10k - 30k for those.

Last edited:

BEN23

All Star
Daps
i would not build that shyt in no pa...and on that site should be a estimated cost of build. you have to really find out about permits and land use in your area..might cost you 20-40 in permits and a architect before you even build...that site sell plans you still have to file it.

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
Does the location have any services? Sewers, gas, water connections? Or are you building in the middle of nowhere? Have you talked to the city department about building there. What they require, etc. Some places require stamped and sealed drawings. I would budget $150 to 200/sqft.

There's a huge problem now in the industry with material shortages and over inflation of everything. Suppliers and contractors can't even guarantee their pricing anymore. It's all backwards. Don't be surprised if the contractor comes back at you for more money because they can't get roofing materials or insulation. If i was an owner I would honestly hold off a couple of years before starting a build.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I will build it for half the price of any contractor. I don’t have any experience but I’m a fast learner. Give me the contract. It may take a decade to complete and may not be up to code, but I will try hard and bring a great attitude. Hire me.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I will build it for half the price of any contractor. I don’t have any experience but I’m a fast learner. Give me the contract. It may take a decade to complete and may not be up to code, but I will try hard and bring a great attitude. Hire me.

:ehh: I'll keep u in mind.