Coli Exclusive: Tony! Toni! Tone! Song (1996)

Thelonious Napz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
VA

I'm sure y'all are familiar with Raphael's track "Blind Man" from his "Distant Vintage" album...
Well this is the original version from 1996 that was meant to be on Tony! Toni! Tone!'s "House of Music" album, ultimately not making the cut. And was later released in 2002 on "Distant Vintage".

One of Saadiq's songs for the album, "Me and the Blind Man", was excluded from the final mix because, as Saadiq told Yahoo! Music, "they didn't want anybody playing favorites, so one of my songs had to come off." The recording was a moody blues piece with surrealistic lyrics about lust, longing, and a fictitious blind man's secret powers. Saadiq wanted to show "a darker side ... some depth" to listeners with the song. "To me, songs like 'Blind Man' make the whole sound, the House of Music", he remarked. It was featured on an album sampler sent by the group's label to music journalists.[11] Saadiq later recorded a version of "Blind Man" for his 2002 solo album Instant Vintage.​

@Love Bizarre @Ol’Otis @Motife43 @nahnah @Tenchi® Ryu™ @Rawtid @CoochieMane @Unknown Poster @Chris Cool @Amerikan Melanin @Stir Fry @feelosofer @R-Typ3 @dj-method-x @thaKEAF @TEH @O Fenômeno @8WON6 @Sbp @BmoreGorilla @Kliq_Souf @CarmelBarbie @Diondon @Nikki_04 @zayk35 @daboywonder2002 @ball15life @Milk N Cookies @Rozay Oro @Esco @Judo @grazazaza @beaniemac @KingZimbabwe @Loken @papertrail08 @ApolloStark @winb83 @THE 101 @The_Truth @Dynamite James @315 @Jesus Is Lord @19- @datnigDASTARDLY @Solo_87 @Mindfield333 @Silent Bomber @Rick Roller 10 @Tribal Outkast @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited @BelowTheMasonDixon @Drew Wonder @Dave24 @Dusty Bake Activate @Here Comes the Pain @lurker emeritus @Boolean @bobbiewishbone @Sankofa Alwayz @GodinDaFlesh @WhenWeWereKings @Hersh @Sir Nose D’voidoffux @Buzzed Lightyear @keond @Ruck @Booksnrain @DredScott @FruitOfTheVale @Flex Grossman @Aimé @tuckgod @Young Bishop @mbewane @1986 @LieutenantDan @MooseMouthMthafuga @Moose_Greyjoy @calixprynce @King Jove @360dagod @Diondon @Ukbrotha @AnonymityX1000 @Big Boss @goke313 @NormanConnors @KingBenji @LevelUp @L $ C @mson @flatlinerz @KingsOfKings @kingofnyc @King Biko @King Crimson @CoCKy GeNiuS @Ruckfonnie @Chris Cool @Chrishaune @Da King @Nicole0416_646NYC @Morose Polymath @Tryna Makit @Fukwatutalkinwatisaylaw @FukYaFeelings @DrexlersFade @SAINT @The Pledge @YaThreadFloppedB! @colicolicoli @Haters Aggravator @Paper Boi @Kiyoshi-Dono @Gil Scott-Heroin @onlylno @Dillah810 @DillaTUDE @יוֹאֵל @poppastoppa @JordanWearinThe45 @JordanwiththeWiz @Earnings @BK The Great @Fresh @FreshAIG @Deltron @JoelB @Brosef @EA @OfTheCross @T.H.E. Goat @El Guapo @TripleAgent @CrimsonTider @Squirrel from Meteor Man @Squirtle @macadomusic @Mr. Jack Napier @semicko82 @Lucky_Lefty @shutterguy @Shield & Sword @tuckdog @Freddie.Cane @-Quickness- @HARLEM AL @HarlemHottie @Ishlibidish23 @phonthought3000 @Idaeo @yaweh ben yawah @Petey Wheatstraw @C-Styles @Pack2 @IWasntMadeToPlayTheSon @TheLostOnes @iBrowse @SilverSamurai @adexkola @Piff Perkins @Trot LaRoc @Ziploc @GrindtooFilthy @chiefdogg @hex @$cam-U-Well_Jack$on @bogey_j @Take It In Blood @SmarkMero @Starburst @Biblical Goon @Ozymandeas @puppetmaster @Howie Doroughberg @Pseudonym @Kid Dynamite @Kidd Dibiase @KidJSoul @Redwood @Killer Instinct @DJ Paul's Arm @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited @Boujee Bonita Braxton @ORDER_66 @Make it Make Sense @IIVI @Hijo de luna @Zero @Striving For Greatness @Seoul Gleou @richaveli83 @WhatsGoodTy @havoc @jeh

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Dope! I love everything Raphael Saadiq has been involved with (vocals, writing, instruments, producing)

Last edited:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Remember buying this album off the strengf of Let's Get Down.

Didn't enjoy the rest but i don't think my teenage ears were mature enough for the remainder of the lp.

Sorta like I copped George Michael' Older album for Fast Love and nil remainder other disc sounded anything remotely like the main single (which was more
funky, dance inspired uptempo song). But as I grew older, it became a personal fav.

But there were other albums from 1996 that were hitting as hard then as they do now (e.g. Keith Sweat's Twisted, Toni's SECRETS and Blackstreets Another Level).

Wow. What a year for music.