Coli...let's settle this once and for all: Which is better...The Documentary or Doctor's Advocate?

Which Game album is better?

• Total voters

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Over the years I've noticed ALOT of posters on here state that they prefer The Game's sophomore LP Doctor's Advocate over his debut The Documentary. Me personally I think that the Documentary is a Hip Hop classic and is just all around better than Doctor's Advocate. It just seemed more focused and had stronger songwriting to me (50 helped alot) and the highlights outshine the highlights on Doctor's Advocate. But there really is some STRONG, STRONG music on DA so I don't really hate on people preferring it over the Documentary. I think if I had to choose my favorite The Game song it would probably be One Night (just because I can really relate to the shyt he's saying on there). Game has shown to do some real nut ass, bozo shyt but damn he can rap when he wants to and he did what many legendary MCs couldn't do: put out a stellar first two albums.

So what ya'll think...which one better?

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
i don't listen to The Game at all..but i could still go back and listen to at least three songs off of Documentary.
i'd maybe off the top of my head think about listening to Old English on Doctors Advocate.

he was such a struggle rapper on The Documentary though.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
The Documentary sounds like any other Aftermath album, it's dope but you get that cookie cutter sound that most of those albums had. Doctor's Advocate was something a little different and had one of my favorites joints from him. But i might have to go with Documentary. I also like that Jesus Piece album.

th_412

I fux deez hoes
Daps
Reppin
Yo bytch bedroom / PITTSBURGH
DOcumentary and i dont even think its that close really:hubie:

Some them beats on Documentary are just:blessed:

Maybe I just started to get tired of hearing 4 straight minutes of name dropping by the 2nd one tho:francis: And naming the CD after Dre when he wasnt even working with you anymore just always seemed mad weird too

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
The Documentary was a big specticle and had one of the greatest producer line ups of All time for any rap album.

But rapping wise, it's probably Game's weakest album....the beats really carried him but he did enough to make it a great album.

I prefer the Doctors Advocate though...It sounded more like a Game album without all the 50/Gunit/Aftermath Influence and he showed growth.