Coli Militans ain't gone like this: Leaving Segregation Lowers Blood pressure in Blacks

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Do you disagree with the data?

@DEAD7
No, I disagree with the conclusion.

These two post really say it all...

Those stresses are a DIRECT result of less funding/capital in those neighborhoods which would allow for better schools, libraries, small business infrastructure, public transportation access, etc.

They aren't inherent so much as engineered.

This article is low key support of white supremacy. Great job OP.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Those stresses are a DIRECT result of less funding/capital in those neighborhoods which would allow for better schools, libraries, small business infrastructure, public transportation access, etc.

They aren't inherent so much as engineered.​
All of these are the lasting results of racism -- hence the article being about segregation.

As long as black people live in these same neighborhoods that were created as a result of racism and racism still exist these struggles will be inherent to each generation.

The conclusion of the articles is that while and increase in overall funding would help those areas so would moving out. And the latter is more reasonable than the former.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You sure? :usure: Think about what you are saying when you say "moving out" of "those areas".
I know exactly what I'm saying. There's nothing c00ning about moving out of a bad area to a better area to provide a better life for you and your family.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I know exactly what I'm saying. There's nothing c00ning about moving out of a bad area to a better area to provide a better life for you and your family.
Sure, but suggesting that its more "reasonable" to move out of these areas than it is to increase funding to these areas makes me question if you understand why they are in these areas in the first place, and the difficulty involved in moving.
I'd also like to ask where exactly are they supposed to be moving to?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Sure, but suggesting that its more "reasonable" to move out of these areas than it is to increase funding to these areas makes me question if you understand why they are in these areas in the first place, and the difficulty in moving.
The types of infrastructure a lot of these places need, particularly in larger cities, is almost impossible to build based on space, cost, and a lack of viability for investors. Once it's no longer viable for the private sector to invest in building out these areas (it isn't) then you're dependent on government. And in most of these situations it's the government who's allowed or engineered this situation in the first place.

As far as moving out, those who can should. Not everyone will be able to. Many of the people we are referring to aren't homeowners and already depend on subsidized housing. I can't speak for all cities, but in Charlotte there is plenty of subsidized housing that cost roughly the same (income based) and in nicer areas. For example, in my building there are a few families who have moved from Brookhill to my building and the parents are seeing that their children are benefiting from the new school district, the support from their neighbors, and the overall better quality of life.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sure, but suggesting that its more "reasonable" to move out of these areas than it is to increase funding to these areas makes me question if you understand why they are in these areas in the first place, and the difficulty involved in moving.

This is the problem with these pseudo intellectuals, they think they have the answers for the effects and totally forget about the cause. Ok so these people from this neighborhood move out....now what? Who is giving them jobs? Where are the kids going to school? who is funding money for transportation to work, doctor, school, etc? Where is the money coming from to pay rent, mortgage, etc.