Coli Tunnel Beat Tape Battle 1..(Clanarchy vs. Supa)

Who's Tape had the Better beats

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clanarchy

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Supa's best joints
Rings of Saturn (nice melody)
Bow
Crystals
Shadows (prolly my favorite, love the transitions on this one...very well put together)
Babysit
Double Oh (real soulful joint)
Lounge

Strengths - Very smooth relaxing sound, very cohesive, nice melodies, good samples, mix is good enough where everything works
Weaknesses - a lot of decent to average beats, but it does make the real dope ones stand out more. Tape could have been trimmed down. Some of the beats didn't mesh well with the overall vibe of the project. Some of the better sounding beats could have been longer.
Overall Impression
I really enjoyed the tape. Got some real dope joints on there. Love the cohesiveness of the project. It has a range, but still stays in its own lane. Good mixture of soul, jazz, mellow, and hiphop.

Clanarchy's best joints

Virus Intro - This one was a sleeper. Real cinematic sounding. like some horror shyt finna go down.
Odd Couple - fukking banger, real soulful. signature Clanarchy. Peak sound imo. Love the chorus transition.
Pickled Organs
Walk with Me - Another banger, soulful as fukk. Signature clanarchy again. Like this his bag right here.
Superior Darts - Vintage Wu sound. This the Iron Triangle side of Clanarchy
Ups and Downs - soulful, dope vocal sample, that chorus hit hard. you feel that shyt
Sting - Another banger. Grimy side of Clanarchy. Beat reminds me of that Cormega/Havoc joint....Angel Dust. always loved that song.

Irisdescent - Dope soulful, but gloomy banger.
Dreaming
Broken Blades

Strengths - I feel like this is a best of Clanarchy tape. Really captured all of your signature sounds, from the real soulful, grimy boom bap, Wu sound with the kung fu samples, etc.. got some real nice samples in here. Mix was good enough for everything to work imo.
Weaknesses - Although he has some real dope standouts, I don't think they hold up to some of the standouts on previous tapes. My only real critique, but only because I've heard so many of his beats throughout the years.
Overall Impression
I feel like this is a great introductory tape to Clanarchy's production if you never heard him before. You really get to see it all on here, although he got more tricks up of his sleeves, this is a good start.

Verdict
Clanarchy by competitive decision....Think 116-112 type of boxing scores. They matched up well and Supa got some real good blows in. Even found his groove early, but Clanarchy eventully overwhelmed him with the higher peaks found in his project. Felt like Supa needed a couple more tracks on the same level as Shadows to really take it to him. Definitely a good battle tho. I enjoyed listening to both tapes. Good shyt brehs.

Nice review of the projects and fair assessments. This whole beat tape battle is a great idea...would definitely get involved in more of these, maybe not necessarily having to be a new one. Hell, I'd like to throw my Artistic Aggresion tape in the ring at some point..

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Nice review of the projects and fair assessments. This whole beat tape battle is a great idea...would definitely get involved in more of these, maybe not necessarily having to be a new one. Hell, I'd like to throw my Artistic Aggresion tape in the ring at some point..

No problem. Reviews are easier when you like what you reviewing and both yall had some dope shyt.

Yeah the battles don't have to be new material, especially for those of us with extended catalogs. Since both of yall were working on new tapes, it was only right to battle with the new shyt.

Artistic Aggression is amazing. Whoever has to battle against that will have to bring out the Infinity Gauntlet or something. Damn near every beat is Odd Couple level.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm still in a mental cypher over this decision :patrice:. Both styles are my cup of tea. I might need until the deadline on this:mjlol:. I may have to use an old tactic to help figure this out:francis:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah I wont do yall like that:mjlol:. Let me get out of the thread before I get anymore ideas though:leon::jbhmm::mjgrin:

giphy.gif

About to start my next tape. I got a cool concept I just don't know if I can pull it off. This might be kinda tough so I'm gonna keep it short:sadcam:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
quick reply voted clanarchy, the sequence definitely felt like an album, with the type of beats that i would strive to make, good sound quality etc..just wish it was a bit shorter since no one was spitting on those beats

For supa , dope just a few meh tracks but overall felt your project and ur beats in general since the battle rounds

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Alright, went with Supa on this one..

I went back and forth decision wise on both tapes, seriously in my humble opinion there are no weak beats on either project:ld:. Since I couldnt make a solid pick without thinking about it too much afterwards, what I did was write to some beats from each tape and record a bit (:mjlol:) and see which ones I sounded better on, mic wasnt the best quality but that's the old tactic I used to do when my friends or fam played beats for me asking for opinions and etc.

As I noted before I'm a stan of both styles displayed by these gentlemen, one of these Industry connects lurking on this board really should get the breh Clanarchy plugged into doing the entire next WU album, or even a ghost or Rae project. I'm buying that asap! I love straight beats and rhymes type stuff, grime and bars, has always been my MO

Supa's joint may have resonated with me a bit more at the moment due to being in process of relearning the saxophone, I played it when I was younger and realized later on it was a big mistake giving it up :mjcry: (always been a jazz head even as a youngin). Supa be on that smooth shyt and I rock with that too:wow:.

This beat tape series is a cool idea, I wouldn't mind getting in on it, probably would have to be some premade stuff from me mostly/it takes me too long to make a beat attention span wise:mjlol:

The level of skill on this board is :damn:. I'd do it just to go to the dojo and train/absorb knowledge.

:salute: to both clanarchy and supa, beast of their craft.