**Coli Verzuz 5** (Tflasha vs Make it Make Sense)

Who makes better music?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This the 5th edition of our weekly music battles. Purpose of this is to showcase the talent we have in here so you can vote for whoever had the best song to you or who's majority of tracks you liked the most. Don't matter how you decide, just listen and vote.

Thank you to the participants an everybody taking the time out to listen and drop feedback.

@Tflasha

@Make it Make Sense

Slangtonomo

Formerly Slang Dussain Ali
Daps
Reppin
www.weohh.com
This a tough one...

There's elements from both rappers songs that I really appreciate.

I lean toward the production of @Make it Make Sense. The beat selection was great. More blatant sample usage which I have a weakness for.

Strong structure, I give to @Tflasha by a narrow margin. His opponent came on strong after the 1st song which was I'll for a possible intro.

Lyricism...right now I give it to @Make it Make Sense. His vocabulary and word play wasn't necessarily better than his opponent, it's just his timing and delivery were almost impeccable.

Creativity I give to @Tflasha. And it may get him in trouble in this round to me. While showing great diversity and creativity, his song selection (mainly the 1st song) is the type song that doesn't grab you.

So right now I have them tied. But I can't go out like that. Lemme go listen again...

Ok I'm back...

The best song is Chuck town What. But I must gig breh for someone else having a verse on it. But with that said, right now I still give it to @Make it Make Sense .

@Tflasha has a prior battle and may have shot his best rounds already. Or more accurately, songs that could match the energy for this match.

My final analysis is @Make it Make Sense wins due to the energy in and vibe in his selections. Which brings up a concern I have, is it best to use your best 3 songs even if it means repeating? Or should we have a fresh 3 for each round? Worth a discussion...

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:damn: best battle so far, im going to go ahead and vote now before i get caught in that trap.

Fav tracks from both

@Tflasha - the 28th :scust:
@Make it Make Sense - Find a Way

Yo TFlasha, you got that radio sound on lock man, its perfectly mixed with excellent hooks, concepts and lyrics to match. I really dug Solar System. I was curious to how you were going to interpret that into the song. Nicely done weaving the concept into each verse instead of just detailing it to a hook only. It made sense. Great writing there. So4real is a banger too, I felt the emotion distributed there, track reminded me of something from Lupe's Drogas Lite album (underrated project imo) and what he was trying to accomplish there.

28th - :scust: nuff said, that beat:ohlawd: nice touch/change of pace from the previous two tracks. Content is fire/inspiring a breh to get those funds.

Yo M.I.M.S you were spitting on these joints breh:whoo:.

Coming out the gate with Real Nicca Rap, gave me that outsidaz/pace won vibe. Real consistent with the approach line 4 line. My type of shyt. You got bars but your voice kind of outshines them a little bit, which is a great thing imo, because it definitely pulls the listener in.

Chucktown, another dope track. I thought the feature changed the tone of the track:why:, breh was dope in his own right :whoa:but didn't compliment the groundwork you laid for him, another verse from you to close that one out would have changed that/completed the final form me. Hook is dope as hell:lawd:.

Find a Way :banderas:. This is you right here man. PERFECT blend of voice and production. Bars were right, soulfulness defined. Nice closeout similar to TFlasha. Classic sample to rock over too/you cant beat that. I'd like to hear more work from you, but if you have anything else like this please drop that.

Extremely close battle here, mad i have to vote on this:mjcry:

Vote goes to TFlasha overall due, it really only came down to how I felt about the collabo track. Again dude on the feature has skillz/did his thing.:whoa: I just thought it changed the tone/subtracted to what M.I.M.S was doing

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This a tough one...

There's elements from both rappers songs that I really appreciate.

I lean toward the production of @Make it Make Sense. The beat selection was great. More blatant sample usage which I have a weakness for.

Strong structure, I give to @Tflasha by a narrow margin. His opponent came on strong after the 1st song which was I'll for a possible intro.

Lyricism...right now I give it to @Make it Make Sense. His vocabulary and word play wasn't necessarily better than his opponent, it's just his timing and delivery were almost impeccable.

Creativity I give to @Tflasha. And it may get him in trouble in this round to me. While showing great diversity and creativity, his song selection (mainly the 1st song) is the type song that doesn't grab you.

So right now I have them tied. But I can't go out like that. Lemme go listen again...

Ok I'm back...

The best song is Chuck town What. But I must gig breh for someone else having a verse on it. But with that said, right now I still give it to @Make it Make Sense .

@Tflasha has a prior battle and may have shot his best rounds already. Or more accurately, songs that could match the energy for this match.

My final analysis is @Make it Make Sense wins due to the energy in and vibe in his selections. Which brings up a concern I have, is it best to use your best 3 songs even if it means repeating? Or should we have a fresh 3 for each round? Worth a discussion...

That's really up to the individual. If you know you got one fire ass song for sure and you wanna keep using that, you good. This way you only have to provide 2 new songs. Remember part of this is a showcase. Some people might not get around to hearing every battle you in so a reused song might be a new song to someone else.

Everybody also has different tastes, so the more variety you have might work in your favor.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
So we can submit rap songs that were made on industry beats?:ohhh:

I mean you could, but then some might vote against you for the lack of creativity. Its easier to spit over someone beat than it is to make your own song from scratch.

For example, I wouldn't expect 50 or Banks to use their mixtape shyt where they rapped on other people's beats to go against 3 original Kanye joints.

shyt would prolly have to be on the level of the Victory freestyle or something for it to work, if them Kanye joints are real dope.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Finally got around to checking the songs out. Damn good battle. Voted for Tflasha.

This was a classic case of one person was the better spitter, while the other person made better songs. So 4 Real was the best song outta the bunch with Find a way being a close 2nd. After that it was Solar System and then everything else.

Tflasha hook game is crazy and he makes a lot of catchy shyt and when the beat is dope it just all comes together. Flows and bars were solid too.

Make it Make sense is dope tho. That nikka got a real good rap voice and he has bars. Dude was spitting his ass off

Good shyt.