Coli Verzuz 6: Who makes Better Beats (FunkDoc1112 vs. DBR)

Who Makes Better Beats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
We back at it, but this time with beats instead of songs. Same rule applies. Vote for whoever you think made the better beats or from who's selection of beats you liked the most.

Doesn't matter how you evaluate the beats, just vote.
Thank you. We appreciate all the feedback :salute:

@FunkDoc1112

@DBR

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:patrice:

2-1 in favor of DBR

Fav beat from both

@FunkDoc1112 - stolen moments:wow:

@DBR - Hard Gucci Man type beat :wow:

Now let me say Funkdoc is like a human cheat code in regards to the beats/is damn near unbeatable, i liken it to preemo where he has a signature sound so you know automatically the beat is going to be dope. All 3 beats are pristine and need bars asap:francis: . My only negative IF there is one is maybe some diversity on the drums, which really isn't bad because all 3 beats sound like they can be on a cohesive album.

Now DBR gives an entirely different dynamic to trap production. Trap production is not my first choice/main cup of tea admittedly but DBR's beats have a certain vibe to them where the beats float/have that wavey feel to them. The Nippsey Hustle beat had a jazz flare to it which pushed the vote by a smidgen as DBR's set showcased a bit more diversity.

Extremely tough battle to judge mainly due to contrast in styles but it was well worth the listen. I've commented on both of these brotha's work before so they should know from history im not on any B.S and mess with their joints heavy:salute:. Dope shyt

Also Cats are sleepin on the thread:what: this a board where cats complain about production literally every week, and they choose to duck this thread where dope production is evident across the board:what:

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

2-1 in favor of DBR

Fav beat from both

Now let me say Funkdoc is like a human cheat code in regards to the beats/is damn near unbeatable, i liken it to preemo where he has a signature sound so you know automatically the beat is going to be dope. All 3 beats are pristine and need bars asap:francis: . My only negative IF there is one is maybe some diversity on the drums, which really isn't bad because all 3 beats sound like they can be on a cohesive album.

Now DBR gives an entirely different dynamic to trap production. Trap production is not my first choice/main cup of tea admittedly but DBR's beats have a certain vibe to them where the beats float/have that wavey feel to them. The Nippsey Hustle beat had a jazz flare to it which pushed the vote by a smidgen as DBR's set showcased a bit more diversity.

Extremely tough battle to judge mainly due to contrast in styles but it was well worth the listen. I've commented on both of these brotha's work before so they should know from history im not on any B.S and mess with their joints heavy:salute:. Dope shyt

Also Cats are sleepin on the thread:what: this a board where cats complain about production literally every week, and they choose to duck this thread where dope production is evident across the board:what:
Thanks breh. We should get this stickied

DBR

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Montreal

2-1 in favor of DBR

Fav beat from both

Really appreciate those kind of words fam much respect :salute: I agree we need more feedback only 2 votes in so far :francis:

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Natural - real dope melody, nice vocal samples, great vibe. drums hit, but weren't overpowering
Good/Bad - nice smooth vibe, solid drums, the melody was catchy, but I didn't like it as much as the natural.
Stolen Moments - another smooth joint, like the instruments used. another dope melody.

All 3 Funk Doc beats were dope, but I only really liked the 1st and 3rd one. Those 2 were fire.

Dababy beat - this shyt goes hard, love the futuristic sounding elements used in this one. melody is real catchy with that brass sound. beat is fire.
Hard Gucci - this was on some chill shyt, but still went hard. like the wavy futuristic sounds, love the transitions too. vibe could be chill or serious
Nipsey beat - this shyt is fire. Catchy ass jazzy melody balanced out with that hard trap shyt. Honestly this was the most creative beat outta the bunch and it worked well.

Battle was super close because its the best representations of their genre, but I felt like DBR does a lil more with his trap production. He loads up transitions, will have dueling vibes and melodies, keeps the song hard which is his signature.

I really liked 2 beats from both of them. Which was the 1st and 3rd beats. I just liked DBR's two beats a lil more so he gets my vote. Great battle tho.