Colorism in all of Drake rap beefs.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Drake half a nikka. To most non-blacks he just any ol’ nikka.

He identifies as a nikka, an individual with African-American heritage.

Has pretty much centred his life and career around blackness, even down playin’ his Jewish side to an extent.

Has made apparent his desire for belongingness and acceptance as most mulatto’s crave this shyt their entire life.

The boy appreciates and strives to emulate the essence of black character as best he can, even going as far as painting his face black but y’all gon’ write him off because he was around longer than he should’ve been.
:mjcry:

:mjlol:STOP:mjlol:

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
Drake half a nikka. To most non-blacks he just any ol’ nikka.

He identifies as a nikka, an individual with African-American heritage.

Has pretty much centred his life and career around blackness, even down playin’ his Jewish side to an extent.

Has made apparent his desire for belongingness and acceptance as most mulatto’s crave this shyt their entire life.

The boy appreciates and strives to emulate the essence of black character as best he can, even going as far as painting his face black but y’all gon’ write him off because he was around longer than he should’ve been.
:mjcry:

:deadmanny:

DUCKED_OFF

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
You could say it's goes both ways

Some people wanted meek to win so bad because he wasn't lightskin..the same with pusha

I know as black people that we like to make lightskin vs darkskin jokes....but this shyt is deep and some people really think it's a real them vs us thing

The same thing happens with step curry

I don't understand why black folks still think this way

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
You could say it's goes both ways

Some people wanted meek to win so bad because he wasn't lightskin..the same with pusha

I know as black people that we like to make lightskin vs darkskin jokes....but this shyt is deep and some people really think it's a real them vs us thing

The same thing happens with step curry

I don't understand why black folks still think this way

The way society is set up in Amerikkka and the rest of the world. Dark skin people suffer the most.

Its not hard to see why people feel this way sometimes.

And you can see all the help #Blackfacedrake gets that nobody darker than him would be afforded.

Getting legal advice from Billboard articles n shyt. :scust:

DUCKED_OFF

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
The way society is set up in Amerikkka and the rest of the world. Dark skin people suffer the most.

Its not hard to see why people feel this way sometimes.

And you can see all the help #Blackfacedrake gets that nobody darker than him would be afforded.

Getting legal advice from Billboard articles n shyt. :scust:
Yea some of this shyt is weird

I try my best to stay away from the colorism people

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
:russ::russ::russ::russ:

I'd say at least 49%, conservatively, of Drake hate is centered around him being a "pissed colored Jew mulatto" ... Whatever random advantages Drake has, colorism in his favor definitely ain't one

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
All the offbrand comments about Pusha's hair confirmed for me that Drake dumbass stanbase wants the confused biracial to win.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I'm going to say this and might catch hate but....

Drake don't like Black people.

He just study Black people and creates his act from there.

He don't have love for the community the struggle none of that shyt.

Its obvious.

Yet people still fukk with someone that low key despises them.
I think its deeper than that. He's seems like the type that hates that he'll never truly be embraced by black people cause he's a rich half jew canadian who doesnt know the black struggle.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Drake has beefed with Chris Brown and Tyga too...

Colorism may have some subliminal thing to do with the audience's reaction but there's no evidence Drake himself is using this against anyone. Even moreso when you consider Meek, Kendrick, and Pusha attacked him first.

Drake is a handsome dude and ladies love him. That's how it is. But this is a rap battle and it's not looking good for the boy right now.