Combat Jack does a TED Talk: black excellence brehs

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

:wow::to:

When I saw the link I thought "oh man, this negro gonna embarrass himself." I'm a big Combat Jack fan, although I have missed many recent episodes, however I enjoy clowning the man. Sometimes he makes horrible arguments, he can sometimes be too over the top...but as I watched this I couldn't help but feel he was talking directly to me brehs.

I too have walked into stores, realized I was the only black person there, and immediately felt a sense of dread. Not because I was scared of cacs, but because I couldn't stop analyzing my every move, for fear that it be interpreted wrongly. If I put my hand in my pocket to check my phone, I immediately wonder if someone might think I just stole something. If I go back to an aisle, I might wonder whether someone watching me might think I'm scoping out people, or planning to do something etc.

I don't think this is exclusive to black people. I'm sure Hispanics have similar thoughts; perhaps they wonder if a cac is thinking they must be an illegal immigrant for instance. Even white people can have this problem. One of my friends is a huge hip hop fan, and he told me he always fears giving his opinion because he thinks black people might automatically label him as the "wigger rap fan." Obviously that fear is nothing compared to the examples I gave about black and Hispanics, but the point is that we all feel like the "other" at one point or another.

TLDR: just watch the video brehs, it's pretty damn good. Not just as people, but as hip hop fans.

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
I knew he was an attorney, after all he says it 10 times a show lol. But I just didn't expect him to give a great speech, I guess. That was better than a lot of TED Talks I've seen.
imma keep it 100..this wasnt an official TED talk...and he kinda still came off idiotic and insecure.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Combat is a dope storyteller and public speaker. He just trolls sometimes and will give far left opinions for the sake of argument. If you choose Z he's gonna choose A just cause. That being said this was a great talk.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
It was probably a TED X talk.

Thats not the main TED
You right but from what I understand sometimes TEDx talks end up on the main TED channel anyway. I just looked it up and saw a few on there. Whether its on TEDxtalks or the main TED channel we shouldn't take credit from dude.

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
there is absolutely no point to this video.....just hipsters settin up shop in BK ...yall slow or somethin

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
You right but from what I understand sometimes TEDx talks end up on the main TED channel anyway. I just looked it up and saw a few on there. Whether its on TEDxtalks or the main TED channel we shouldn't take credit from dude.
credit? credit for what? what did he accomplish with this lecture?..i spoke in front 100 people to lead a team meeting before ,should i have taped it?

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
credit? credit for what? what did he accomplish with this lecture?..i spoke in front 100 people to lead a team meeting before ,should i have taped it?
Where the Combat Jack Show started compared to where they are now and where Combat Jack himself is now he deserves credit. He went from being a blogger who, outside of a few loyal readers, people really didn't fukk with to doing a show that barely cracked 1,000 listeners on average, on PNC Radio in a small ass room in Brooklyn with no heat to being invited to do TED talks and is actually a well-respected voice in the Hip-Hop community now. To add on to that, his podcast gets 15,000 views on average now. If you not a fan, cool, but I saw how he started from the ground up as far as being respected in the Hip-Hop community so I give him his credit.