Common - War (Prod. by No I.D.) *New Album "Nobody's Smiling" Coming*

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
common-war-cover.jpg

On Monday afternoon, Common announced his new album Nobody’s Smiling would arrive sometime in 2014. Entirely produced by No I.D., the pair stick to their word and give listeners a preview of what’s to come this year. The Chicago MC and Grammy Award-winning producer blast off the aggressively-themed “War,” where Com Sense takes the podium to attack issues plaguing inner-city streets.

We came up with this concept Nobody Smiling [and it] was really a thought that came about because of all the violence that was going on in Chicago, or that is going on in Chicago. I like to say was because we’re going to bring it into fruition that it’s going to stop and all the violence that was going on and it happens in Chicago but it’s happening around the world in many ways,” says Common when explaining the concept behind his tenth studio LP.

-Missino

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No ID and Common, one of the dopest producer/emcee combos in hip hop. Track is ill, this off the new album?

That!...... I wanna know hear Common getting a new album but he been putting fire with his albums recently like Finding Forever and The Dreamer/The Believer and never disappoint me and staying true to himself yet you have Jay-Z tried to switch his styles, hop on the dikkrider just for attention and $$$...shyt is disgusting B :scusthov:. At least, Nas tried something different with his music like Hip-Hop is Dead, The N Word, Distant Relatives, Life Is Good.....Nas is a truly musician unlike Jay-Z.. now everybody wanna hear Watch the Throne 2? :what:

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
Commons only weak album is arguably UMC......I dig the track, wish the drums hit harder (maybe they just wanted to get it out there ASAP and a better mix will come eventually)

If the album as a whole reflects the title, it could potentially be an AOTY candidate. He's getting that acting money and still clearly enjoys making music.....more props to him. At this point he could go any route he wants. Been in the game so long....even if he got dropped by the majors, he still would have a fanbase support him at the indie level