Complex Brackets: Best Producer Tags

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

I mess with a lot of these, but there are a couple missing.

Also cool of a younger dude like him to recognize that the younger gen doesn’t care about looking back in history to know who did what (in reference to some of the Just Blaze segments)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Who was the first producer to have a "producer tag"?

I’ve been trying to figure this out for a long time, and unless I’ve just totally overlooking something earlier, I feel like it may be either Alchemist or Just Blaze. Otherwise, in previous eras, you simply knew who produced something based on the actual song. Dr. Dre never had a tag, but you knew those piano keys and bump were his (then eventually Scott Storch)

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
I’ve been trying to figure this out for a long time, and unless I’ve just totally overlooking something earlier, I feel like it may be either Alchemist or Just Blaze. Otherwise, in previous eras, you simply knew who produced something based on the actual song. Dr. Dre never had a tag, but you knew those piano keys and bump were his (then eventually Scott Storch)

Yeah, probably gonna go down a rabbit hole now lol. Forgot about Davis Banner having one