Conway has officially left Griselda

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps

Ahead of the release of his upcoming album, Conway The Machine has revealed he is an independent artist.

During his interview on the Bootleg Kev Podcast on Friday (February 18), Conway The Machine explained how for the first time in his career, the only label he is currently signed to is his own Drumwork imprint following the end of his contract with Griselda and Shady Records.

“I’m contractually done now,” he said in response to Bootleg Kev’s question about his deal with Griselda. “Yeah Drumwork, I mean as of right now.”

The Machine expressed his desire to shop offers for a record deal, comparing his independent status to NBA Champion Giannis Antetokounmpo, who signed a $293 million supermax contract in 2020.

“Yeah, like sitting right here right now, I’m not on a contract with Griselda, Shady none of that shyt no more,” he said. “It’s free agency right now you heard. I need that supermax man, I need that Giannis bag.”

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I think there's a thread on this.

For what it's worth, it's all good between everyone. His contractual obligations to Griselda as a label are over with. When La Maquina was out, he was saying that GDMM was going to be his last obligations with both Griselda and with Shady, and after that he had a couple other projects slated to drop fully on his own through his Drumwork imprint. But yeah, there's no beef or anything with he and West or Benny

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
A “Giannis bag” for a rapper. :patrice: What does that even look like? :jbhmm:

:mjlol:

I love conway, like I legit have every album but the griselda dudes are 3 of the most delusional guys ever when it comes to how big they actually are...fam you guys do bassicly no numbers...solid for underground but when ur taking a major bag...how? based offa what:gucci:

a giannis bag..:mjlol:fam if it isnt kendrick or drake dont compare yourself to giannis the top nba player with the top or 2nd biggest bag in nba:troll:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Westside Gunn runs the label. As a crew right now it's Benny, Conway, Boldy James, Rome Streetz, Armani Caesar, Daringer, and then Alchemist, Mach-Hommy, and Stove God Cooks are considered unofficial members to various degrees.

oh ok. I thought them nikkas was equal partners or some shyt lol

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

I love conway, like I legit have every album but the griselda dudes are 3 of the most delusional guys ever when it comes to how big they actually are...fam you guys do bassicly no numbers...solid for underground but when ur taking a major bag...how? based offa what:gucci:

a giannis bag..:mjlol:fam if it isnt kendrick or drake dont compare yourself to giannis the top nba player with the top or 2nd biggest bag in nba:troll:
I think they sell alot of merch

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
I think they sell alot of merch
ok?:hhh::yeshrug:

I mean cool I'm sure they do and im sure they do great for themselves....shyt im a fan of benny and conway ( i cant listen to westside rap) but are they big? no dude they do big krit numbers...and I love krit but krit does better numbers than these dudes without features

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline

Nah they're probably doing better than most rappers because they dont have 360 deals

They're older guys so they aren't taking the scraps these young guys are taking to get into the door

They didnt pop until mid 30s

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
Nah they're probably doing better than most rappers because they dont have 360 deals

They're older guys so they aren't taking the scraps these young guys are taking to get into the door

They didnt pop until mid 30s
youre delusional, yes sure im sure he can set himself up nicley and he has roc nation manngment but again he does no numbers