Conway the Machine - God Don't Make Mistakes (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
So wait, what was that he just released? A mixtape?
King to a God?

He's calling that an album, but it's just not his Shady records debut. It's all really complicated. He wanted to drop the one that just came out and this one as a double album, but couldn't. So it's a Matrix 2 and 3 or Lord of the Rings 2 and 3 situation where they were made at the same time, and were the same story, but just had staggered release dates.

The biggest difference between what we just got and this one is that this one is more introspective and personal.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
King to a God?

He's calling that an album, but it's just not his Shady records debut. It's all really complicated. He wanted to drop the one that just came out and this one as a double album, but couldn't. So it's a Matrix 2 and 3 or Lord of the Rings 2 and 3 situation where they were made at the same time, and were the same story, but just had staggered release dates.

The biggest difference between what we just got and this one is that this one is more introspective and personal.
he say when yet?

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
with gxfr/other artists too mostly releasing like original sounding music i honestly never cared what is an called an album, mixtape, EP, LP, or whatever
i just look at these works as projects

but i got no problem with the output of music they drop. im always up for more. keep dropping

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Whatever happened to the Drake feature :jbhmm:
I'm pretty sure the Drake feature was on Anza, and that Drake's verse got cut off (for some reason; I don't know why) and replaced with Armani Caesar.
he say when yet?
I watched the stream where he played a lot of the album and he said "It's coming in just a couple weeks. People think since I just dropped King to a. God that it's gonna be a while but it's just a few weeks away. October it's dropping." He also told Elliot Wilson in Rap Radar that the album has been submitted and approved by Shady, and that it's fully mixed and ready to go.

He talks some about it here.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
with gxfr/other artists too mostly releasing like original sounding music i honestly never cared what is an called an album, mixtape, EP, LP, or whatever
i just look at these works as projects

but i got no problem with the output of music they drop. im always up for more. keep dropping
I always think it's weird when stuff with all original production is called a mixtape. It started being weird for me when Section 80 by Kendrick and Return of 4Eva by Krit were called mixtapes. Both of those felt like albums to me. I was surprised to find out as time went on that they were considered mixtapes.

It's especially weird to call a lot of these Griselda projects mixtapes when they have actual mixtapes. All of them have that On Steroids series with Green Lantern where they rap over old beats from Jay-Z, Pun, Black Rob, GZA, Sean Price, etc. To me, that's what a mixtape is. a MIX of original joints, freestyles, remixes, etc. It's a mix of different shyt. Hence the name. If it's all original material, then it's not a mix of anything.

:mindblown: I mean I know debating this or arguing my point is stupid in 2020, because everyone calls everything a 'tape' now. Even genuine albums where the artist says it's called an album (like Alfredo or Tea in China) are still called mixtapes by many fans.

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I always think it's weird when stuff with all original production is called a mixtape. It started being weird for me when Section 80 by Kendrick and Return of 4Eva by Krit were called mixtapes. Both of those felt like albums to me. I was surprised to find out as time went on that they were considered mixtapes.

It's especially weird to call a lot of these Griselda projects mixtapes when they have actual mixtapes. All of them have that On Steroids series with Green Lantern where they rap over old beats from Jay-Z, Pun, Black Rob, GZA, Sean Price, etc. To me, that's what a mixtape is. a MIX of original joints, freestyles, remixes, etc. It's a mix of different shyt. Hence the name. If it's all original material, then it's not a mix of anything.

:mindblown: I mean I know debating this or arguing my point is stupid in 2020, because everyone calls everything a 'tape' now. Even genuine albums where the artist says it's called an album (like Alfredo or Tea in China) are still called mixtapes by many fans.

I think Wayne and Future blurred the line between albums and mixtapes. nikkas treated Wayne mixtapes like albums, shyt No Ceilings just hit streaming services. Future got a lot of projects nikkas fukked with that sounded like albums but weren't labelled as such and etc.