Corporate colibrehs, has your office upgraded your computers to Windows 11?

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
My office is about to upgrade to 11. If you are on Windows 11 how do you like it?

Last edited:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
I have it on my personal laptop but as for as work? HELLLL No :mjlol: These b*stards just did a complete overhaul cause we split from the previous company and became independent and that was nightmarish enough. Ain't noooooo way in hell they're implementing a change like that for a GOOD minute. Like years most likely.

And another thing, these b*stards gave us ALL the responsibilities the main/former IT staff used to cover and our pay hasn't changed at all :dahell: I WANT MY BREAD
Angry_Man_Pointing_at_Hand.jpg

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
lol. With the time and cost it will take for that I’m willing to bet that many places will stay on windows 10 right until a few months before October 2025
Yeah I was kinda surprised to hear we are upgrading already.

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
Not corporate but I just brought the first Windows 11 computers into the office last week (replacing rather than upgrading) - something I'd been avoiding for as long as possible!

With OpenShell it's really quite similar to Windows 10... but worse (admittedly I'm basing this on reports of all those buggy updates - it runs the same tbh). So far the most visible change to me aside from the start menu (and Explorer tabs lol?) has been the cut/copy/paste menu items being changed to icons for some reason. Oh and you lose some taskbar options.

I think some more settings have been changed to the UWP kind but I can't remember which ones.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Not corporate but I just brought the first Windows 11 computers into the office last week (replacing rather than upgrading) - something I'd been avoiding for as long as possible!

With OpenShell it's really quite similar to Windows 10... but worse (admittedly I'm basing this on reports of all those buggy updates - it runs the same tbh). So far the most visible change to me aside from the start menu (and Explorer tabs lol?) has been the cut/copy/paste menu items being changed to icons for some reason. Oh and you lose some taskbar options.

I think some more settings have been changed to the UWP kind but I can't remember which ones.
Yeah I was just fukking around with the corporate shyt. Thanks for the feedback.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I have it on my personal laptop but as for as work? HELLLL No :mjlol: These b*stards just did a complete overhaul cause we split from the previous company and became independent and that was nightmarish enough. Ain't noooooo way in hell they're implementing a change like that for a GOOD minute. Like years most likely.

And another thing, these b*stards gave us ALL the responsibilities the main/former IT staff used to cover and our pay hasn't changed at all :dahell: I WANT MY BREAD
Angry_Man_Pointing_at_Hand.jpg
Windows 10 goes eol of October of next year. I believe it’s $30/device per year for support for the first year and doubles each year after. So your org is definitely making preparations for a windows 11 migration

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm an IT breh and we're still on 10, but we'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade either this year or next :manny:

EOL for Windows 10 is Oct 2025

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
My old computer was having issues so I just got a new one windows 11. Not bad so far. :obama:

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Man hell naw. I don't dislike Windows 11, but upgrading it for everyone would be more of a nightmare than the Windows 10 upgrade from 7. :scust:

Too many proprietary Windows 2000/Windows XP-ass programs in too many departments. We ridin' Windows 10 'till the wheels fall off and then some. :russ:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Man hell naw. I don't dislike Windows 11, but upgrading it for everyone would be more of a nightmare than the Windows 10 upgrade from 7. :scust:

Too many proprietary Windows 2000/Windows XP-ass programs in too many departments. We ridin' Windows 10 'till the wheels fall off and then some. :russ:

Yeah, we on 10 Pro.

I just asked our IT Systems Manager next to me about it and he hit me with the

l3E6uhDAN3W7vylji.webp

:mjlol: