Corporate colibrehs, has your office upgraded your computers to Windows 11?

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
One thing I've noticed particularly after doing some clean installs is that it's like all the settings are an extra click or two further away, it's annoying. And changing some of the context menu items to icons just seems like change for the sake of change.

I set up a Tiny11 VM last night: tiny11 2311 : Microsoft/NTDEV : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

so I can connect to work with the WARP Client without installing it directly to my computer or requiring a separate one. It's nice, light. I haven't missed anything that was removed (yet).

A really interesting feature that I've noticed on windows 11 is you can create another desktop that basically works like opening another tab on a browser. That is a dope feature.
This is in Windows 10 too.

(I'm not aware of any genuinely new features in Windows 11 apart from... ads? :pachaha:)

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
One thing I've noticed particularly after doing some clean installs is that it's like all the settings are an extra click or two further away, it's annoying. And changing some of the context menu items to icons just seems like change for the sake of change.

I set up a Tiny11 VM last night: tiny11 2311 : Microsoft/NTDEV : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

so I can connect to work with the WARP Client without installing it directly to my computer or requiring a separate one. It's nice, light. I haven't missed anything that was removed (yet).

This is in Windows 10 too.

(I'm not aware of any genuinely new features in Windows 11 apart from... ads? :pachaha:)
Interesting I never noticed it on Windows 10 for some reason.

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
shyt got me fuming. I got my single user license version of MS Office and I know these fakkits are trying to force me onto subscription MS Office 360. They need to jump off a cliff.
tenor.gif
(on a private computer, anyway)

trap101

All Star
Daps

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
We have win10 and 11 floating about in our environment. Im about to swap out all our conference room machines with new computers that run Win11. So that will force people to get a lil familiar.

trap101

All Star
Daps
tenor.gif
(on a private computer, anyway)

What exactly is going on underneath. I'm quasi-versed in things, but not at a granular level so IDK what this is exactly doing.