Amsterdam
take serius out dem bushes and add tech 9, yung ill and rich dollaz to dem

this aint 1996 phukk an iron solomon comeback

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He could, but in KOTD. Then, maybe if he won a couple of battles there, he could try and make a comeback on the URL.

I always found it funny how Solomon tried so hard to fit in the URL scene (cyphers with Mook, Math, Arsonal etc...), when his original and most loyal fanbase was attached to GrindTime. And when Mook happened, it became apparent that his bars are more suitable for GT and KOTD, than the average gun-loving listener at the URL.

I think a better question would be - could Soul Khan make a URL comeback? Because he managed to cover all leagues, including URL.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
I wanna hear about glocks and macs, nikkas cocking straps & how they on the block wit crack rocks and packs. So I don't wanna hear no Iron Soloman.

CanaryWarf

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Da endz init
He could, but in KOTD. Then, maybe if he won a couple of battles there, he could try and make a comeback on the URL.

I always found it funny how Solomon tried so hard to fit in the URL scene (cyphers with Mook, Math, Arsonal etc...), when his original and most loyal fanbase was attached to GrindTime. And when Mook happened, it became apparent that his bars are more suitable for GT and KOTD, than the average gun-loving listener at the URL.

I think a better question would be - could Soul Khan make a URL comeback? Because he managed to cover all leagues, including URL.

He always struck me as the type to be constantly looking for acceptance from black guys/Smack rappers.

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought Iron was dope - but that's before the game actually evolved to the level we have today. Now, he would definitely have to take a different approach than he did against the likes of Jin, Flamez, Shirt N Tie, Madness, Thesaurus...it was enough to have witty lines and rebuttals then, now it's a different ball game.

But it was still enough to kill E-Ness though :mjlol:

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
speaking of Iron, I just randomly thought of this the other day. Probably the worst/softest song and video ever made by a battle rapper :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea he could, battle rap fans are fickle as fukk. One battle ago, Mook was left for dead. Now its Lux after 2 classics, and Hollow was the goat not so long ago

Battle rap has a very short term memory

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is the thing. Iron came up in the NY underground scene and he was one of the first guys battling both backpackers & street rappers out here, period. He's isn't trying to be something he's not. What happened was, "Grind Time" battlers patterned their styles off of a mix of Iron, Serius Jones & The Saurus, so the street crowd became more adverse to those styles as time went on. There was much of a divide between Iron & "street battlers" when Iron battled Math (they both did Fight Klub, had mutual friends, performed at the same spots etc.), but when Grind Time rose & fell, then Smack/URL popped up, it made it seems like guys like Iron & Math were in two totally different worlds.
The singy songy flow Iron came back with was the nail in the coffin though, there's no excuses for that.

Soul Khan could get just about any battle he wants, on ANY league. He's a showman & a big draw, plus he went out on top.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
How did Serius get thrown into that mix?

Last we saw of him he got suckered by Math Hoffa so we didnt see what he was gonna say and before that he beat Charlie Clips in a debatable 2-1 and from what I see everyone is sucking Charlie Clips off these days.. so how is Jones bushes status?

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the thing. Iron came up in the NY underground scene and he was one of the first guys battling both backpackers & street rappers out here, period. He's isn't trying to be something he's not. What happened was, "Grind Time" battlers patterned their styles off of a mix of Iron, Serius Jones & The Saurus, so the street crowd became more adverse to those styles as time went on. There was much of a divide between Iron & "street battlers" when Iron battled Math (they both did Fight Klub, had mutual friends, performed at the same spots etc.), but when Grind Time rose & fell, then Smack/URL popped up, it made it seems like guys like Iron & Math were in two totally different worlds.
The singy songy flow Iron came back with was the nail in the coffin though, there's no excuses for that.

Soul Khan could get just about any battle he wants, on ANY league. He's a showman & a big draw, plus he went out on top.

I think Solomon underestimated the URL scene, because he was blinded by his bodybag against E-Ness and like you said, because other URL rappers were givin' him props even though he hadn't battled on that stage yet. However, it wasn't all his fault. 5 rounds? Whoever authorized this, was an idiot. Two rusty battlers and they wanna spit 5 rounds? fukk outta here.

Yeah, Soul Khan could get any battle he wanted, but if you look at bars they were spittin' 3 years ago to now - he would have a big problem on his hands to adjust.