Could Liberia Ever Become The African-American Version Of Israel? (Should AA's Support It?)

Should African-Americans Support/INVEST (In) Liberia & Turn It Into Their Homeland?

• Total voters

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
I doubt it.

Aframs don't have good relationships with the indigenous people of Liberia based on what they did in the past. So, I doubt the people would trust Aframs.

I'd say Aframs in general, have subconsciously over time become much more similar to WHITE PEOPLE in their thought process, compared to other blacks in diaspora. And you'd see that when you compare returnee slaves from South American countries (and recently Jamaica) who returned to Africa and Aframs who returned - you'd see the difference. While the former blended in with the indigenous population and contributed in helping them their societies, with the expertise they gained from the new world - Aframs on the other hand subjugated the indigenous black folks and created a class problem.

Just compare what the Afro-Cubans, Afro-Brazilians, and Black Brits who returned to Lagos, Nigeria - to Aframs who returned to Liberia. The former helped in starting the Lagos renaissance and were mostly the ones who started the anti-colonial struggle. The latter laid the foundation for the civil wars that almost ruined Liberia.

Aframs need to detox first and embrace being African, over being American. And they would also have go over to Liberia and correct all the wrongs they did in the past, to create a level of trust, before anything. Jamaicans are moving to Ghana in droves and thus far, they've blended in perfectly. Ditto all the Afro-Cubans moving to Angola.

Zak Bible

Banned
Daps
I somewhat know about the history of Liberia between us AA's and Liberians. There was some kind of conflict between the two and the CIA getting involved. Also, there was a civil war/cannibalism. However, some places of Liberia have improved.

Billionaire (founder of BET) Bob Johnson said AA's should support Liberia like Jews support Israel. Before reading this article I agreed that we should invest in Liberia or PR and transform it. Face it, AA's need an OFFICIAL home land.

Even though Liberia does face corruption I and many others believe that there's still hope. AA's really do need a homeland. We are talented and skillful. Hell, our ancestors and Natives put the United States on their backs.

If a mod can sticky this thread @Houston911 or feature it it'll be appreciated. Hell, you featured @Malkoonxxx_23 thread on @Ronnie Lott

That's the south.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
It was a revamped version of what I thought. Liberia was doing decent in the 60's and was supposed to be the AA hub.
The problem is Liberia has plenty of people there already, we start moving in and encroaching on their land, while you liken us to the Israelites, who will be the Palestinians (displaced folks)?
I'll pass.

Plus, my folks lived and died over here for at least 400 years. Now that the technology and living is pretty good, I'm just supposed to leave and make ANOTHER exodus to another foreign land? And leave all of what our ancestors did here to go and colonize like the white folks did here? Im good and you should be too.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
The problem is Liberia has plenty of people there already, we start moving in and encroaching on their land, while you liken us to the Israelites, who will be the Palestinians (displaced folks)?
I'll pass.

Plus, my folks lived and died over here for at least 400 years. Now that the technology and living is pretty good, I'm just supposed to leave and make ANOTHER exodus to another foreign land? And leave all of what our ancestors did here to go and colonize like the white folks did here? Im good and you should be too.
True point. However, couldn't we make a deal with the indigenous people there that we all could live there in peace :jbhmm: We could help the country thrive with investments and job creation. Like I said yesterday, when the Black dollar is strong we dominate. Especially, when (AA's not a monolith, but the history we share are together) we are banded together to create a true way for our people

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
I'd say Aframs in general, have subconsciously over time become much more similar to WHITE PEOPLE in their thought process, compared to other blacks in diaspora. And you'd see that when you compare returnee slaves from South American countries (and recently Jamaica) who returned to Africa and Aframs who returned - you'd see the difference. While the former blended in with the indigenous population and contributed in helping them their societies, with the expertise they gained from the new world - Aframs on the other hand subjugated the indigenous black folks and created a class problem

Its not that we're similar to whites but that we're American and have been for generations. You can always tell who's American no matter where you are. AAs are especially unique in that way. We dont have allies, not even other minority groups here. We got this far by our lonesome and that probably shows when we come 'home'. Right or wrong, progressive or not, lets not act like we AAs dont have our reasons. All legit.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
True. However, knowing that, AA's should a least fund money into it now and AA billionaires. The AA's need a homeland. What we need to do is get Congress to support this idea.

I hear that, but a big difference with Jews is that they were always connected to their homeland, via culture, religion, language, traditions, etc...throughout the centuries. Which is not the case for most Black Americans, for obvious reasons. We can't remake history. Black Americans in Africa are Americans who happen to be Black, it is what it is. There should be first some work within the Black community in the US to even consider a "homeland" in Africa. There's been various threads these past weeks of Black Americans shytting on Africans, so that's not something I would support for the time being. Not even considering the fact that these are sovereign countries we're talking about, with an established population and their own issues to handle.

I doubt it.

Aframs don't have good relationships with the indigenous people of Liberia based on what they did in the past. So, I doubt the people would trust Aframs.

I'd say Aframs in general, have subconsciously over time become much more similar to WHITE PEOPLE in their thought process, compared to other blacks in diaspora. And you'd see that when you compare returnee slaves from South American countries (and recently Jamaica) who returned to Africa and Aframs who returned - you'd see the difference. While the former blended in with the indigenous population and contributed in helping them their societies, with the expertise they gained from the new world - Aframs on the other hand subjugated the indigenous black folks and created a class problem.

Just compare what the Afro-Cubans, Afro-Brazilians, and Black Brits who returned to Lagos, Nigeria - to Aframs who returned to Liberia. The former helped in starting the Lagos renaissance and were mostly the ones who started the anti-colonial struggle. The latter laid the foundation for the civil wars that almost ruined Liberia.

Aframs need to detox first and embrace being African, over being American. And they would also have go over to Liberia and correct all the wrongs they did in the past, to create a level of trust, before anything. Jamaicans are moving to Ghana in droves and thus far, they've blended in perfectly. Ditto all the Afro-Cubans moving to Angola.

Yep.

I'll pass.

Truth on both accounts. No matter how you turn it, Black Americans are Americans, meaning whatever would happen in the "homeland" they would have more economic political power, meaning the local populations would indeed sooner or later become the local Palestinians. And yeah, why leave a country you built.

In general, I'm all for some kind of cooperation at the global level between Africa and its diasporas. It can be benefitial to all and is needed. But we're not all on an equal footing : the average Black American or Black French has more power regardless of his situation in the US or in France than the average African, hence whatever direction will be taken "in the homeland" will be influenced by that, not necessarilly to the benefit of the local population (notice you're talking about Black American money and billionaires, do these billionaires wanna "give away" their money without a return on their investment that suits THEM? I doubt it).

Like I said in another thread, the diasporas (including myself) need to be humble when discussing these issues, and do our homework before sitting a table, choosing a country and saying "that's our homeland" without taking into account local realities.