Could one of yall please explain to me the worldbuilding/mythology behind One Piece?

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Or is this shyt too long to be explained and just something I gotta watch?

Cuz I get DB/Naruto/Bleach etc just fine but OP be confusing the fukk out of me

Why are there so many unexplained humanoid animal cross breeds? Why are there cyborgs and zombies? Giants? Like are all these nikkas naturally part of the world like that dog mayor from Dragon ball or is this shyt something to do with the Devil Fruits? Wtf is haki?

I really wanna give this a chance brehs but I dont know if I can sit thru all these episodes without at least SOMETHING being explained to me :mjcry:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
One Piece is just a world with different humanoid species. Oda's a wild dude so you'll see weird looking characters mixing with humans like it's nothing. But it also can get deep in a segregated kind of way depending on the island.

Haki is just another type of spiritual power found in manga/anime. Difference is the real deal Haki is only available to a select few. Other than that it hasn't fully been explained yet.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Why are there so many unexplained humanoid animal cross breeds? Why are there cyborgs and zombies? Giants? Like are all these nikkas naturally part of the world like that dog mayor from Dragon ball or is this shyt something to do with the Devil Fruits? Wtf is haki?

I really wanna give this a chance brehs but I dont know if I can sit thru all these episodes without at least SOMETHING being explained to me :mjcry:

The One Piece world is inhabited by several different races, including humans, fishmen, giants, and minks (basically furry animal people). Fishmen in particular have a history of being discriminated against and oppressed by humans.

There are several factions in the One Piece world...
* You have a grip of pirates who are setting sail in search of the One Piece. (like Luffy and his crew for example).

* 'Supernova' is a title given to the pirates who have a bounty worth more than 100,000,000 (Luffy, Zoro, and Law are all supernovas).

* ...and the strongest pirates on the sea with the biggest armies behind them are the Yonkou (four emperors)... (Shanks is a Yonko for example)

* These pirates are opposed by the World Government/Marines, who are corrupt but have some genuinely good people among their ranks.

* There are seven pirate crews that are warlords who work together with the World Government (the shichibukai, or seven warlords of the sea)...

* You have the Celestial Dragons (just a title for the rich people who are an elite class protected by the government)...

* And finally, you have the Revolutionary Army. These guys aren't pirates, they just want to overthrow the World Government.

There are different types of devil fruits...
* Paramecia- these give their users superhuman abilities, etc. Luffy's fruit is one of these.
* Zoan- these give their users animal-like powers, including the ability to turn into certain animals.
* Logia- these give their users elemental powers, like fire, ice, light, smoke, thunder, etc.

Hope this helps, OP :obama:

Last edited:
Daps

To add on to @Days of Future Piff, Giants are just there in the universe

Zombies are a specific design of one of the warlords using his devil fruit

Cyborgs are kinda rare, really just Franky and a few other filler characters

The thing that sets One Piece(and MHA) apart from most animes isnthr anime world progresses and evolves even if its not because of the protagonist. For the first half of OP the Straw Hats rarely move the needle on shyt, they get organically built up as major players, and because of that build up you get to see and explore other characters who are already making moves in the OP world. Oda has top tier foreshadowing, and the way he weaves the world together is something to behold. My only gripe with the anime is how shytty the pacing is in the best arcs, but I could make that complaint about DBZ and Naruto as well

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
The One Piece world is inhabited by several different races, including humans, fishmen, giants, and minks (basically furry animal people). Fishmen in particular have a history of being discriminated against and oppressed by humans.

* You have a grip of pirates who are setting sail in search of the One Piece. (like Luffy and his crew for example).

* 'Supernova' is a title given to the pirates who have a bounty worth more than 100,000,000 (Luffy, Zoro, and Law are all supernovas).

* ...and the strongest pirates on the sea with the biggest armies behind them are the Yonkou (four emperors)... (Shanks is a Yonko for example)

* These pirates are opposed by the World Government/Marines, who are corrupt but have some genuinely good people among their ranks.

* There are seven pirate crews that are warlords who work together with the World Government (the shichibukai, or seven warlords of the sea)...

* You have the Celestial Dragons (just a title for the rich people who are an elite class protected by the government)...

* And finally, you have the Revolutionary Army. These guys aren't pirates, they just want to overthrow the World Government.

* Paramecia- these give their users superhuman abilities, etc. Luffy's fruit is one of these.
* Zoan- these give their users animal-like powers, including the ability to turn into certain animals.
* Logia- these give their users elemental powers, like fire, ice, light, smoke, thunder, etc.

Thank you breh this is gonna make it a lil easier for me, I was gonna just turn my brain off and watch but I realized this might be one of the most intricate shonens from the way the main thread talks about it and id be doing it a disservice

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
one piece world having so many different races is just due to its High fantasy element.

although some races are present due to being from Space(The skypieans, Birkians, and Shandians. Plus there is Space pirates, and flesh having robots on the moon)

and some are manifested and created through emotions/taken care of objects (Klbauterman a water spirit).

plus there are other strange races that we dont know their offical name but have shown up. Regardless all of this is due to the OP series wacky universe.

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
one piece world having so many different races is just due to its High fantasy element.

although some races are present due to being from Space(The skypieans, Birkians, and Shandians. Plus there is Space pirates, and flesh having robots on the moon)

and some are manifested and created through emotions/taken care of objects (Klbauterman a water spirit).

plus there are other strange races that we dont know their offical name but have shown up. Regardless all of this is due to the OP series wacky universe.
Wait...Skypieans are form space? :dahell:

Maybe im not far enough :jbhmm:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He has to watch the show and if he pays attention he’ll understand it

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
how did you miss that:why:

its been a while since I seen that arc, but dont they state they are from the Moon?
Nah fam...they never mentioned that. God did say something about The Endless Vearth and wanting to live there (pretty much his plan the whole arc was going there), which was alluded to being the moon, but they didnt confirm it during that arc. They also never stated that thats where the Sky people were originally from. I watched it subbed. Might have to go back but i'm pretty sure that's not talked about.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Nah fam...they never mentioned that. God did say something about The Endless Vearth and wanting to live there (pretty much his plan the whole arc was going there), which was alluded to being the moon, but they didnt confirm it during that arc. They also never stated that thats where the Sky people were originally from. I watched it subbed. Might have to go back but i'm pretty sure that's not talked about.
There from the Moon

Fairy vearth is the Moon.

I would advise to also read the cover story "Enels Space Age Operations" for further learning of the lore.

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
There from the Moon

Fairy vearth is the Moon.

I would advise to also read the cover story "Enels Space Age Operations" for further learning of the lore.
Ok, I haven't read a page of the manga. In the anime, this was not clearly stated. Thanks