Counterfeit on amazon.com...

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
...has to be endemic at this point.
Right now I'm in India,
Yesterday I tried to buy some adidas joints on the local amazon website. Order completed. I see the items sold by some Cloudtail India company (apparently 80% of the sports brand items are sold by them). A couple hours later I receive the notification the items have been shipped to the local amazon warehouse to be delivered at my hotel tonight. For some reason I went back to one of the product page and read the comments more closely. This is what some breh posted
Dr.Shrinidhi L K
5.0 out of 5 starsMade in India
28 June 2018
Size: 8 UK/India (42 1/9 EU)Colour: Ecrtin, Silvmt, CblackVerified Purchase
Very comfortable. superior quality of construction and its made in India!

Update(10/07/2018): If you're looking for slip-ons in adidas, consider adidas cloudfoam ultimate! This one is not as comfortable as cloudfoam ultimate. you can feel the stitches from inside! never seen this kind of thing in any other shoes! cloudfoam ultimate is absolutely like stepping in spring mattress/flower petals! This zeta is subpar! Insoles are below average. No cushioning! Midsole cloudfoam and outsole work like charm. No problem there. Only thing I am unhappy with is upper construction, insoles and inner lining which has rough stitches! You cant wear them without socks. The laces provided are very rough and stiff! Very unusual! Difficult to tie them! 3 stripes made of reflective paint may chip off if we wash shoes!

At that point I raised my eyesbrows and started taking a good look at the pics. Something just suddenly seemed off.
First thing I noticed was the stitching on this part and the cheap piece of plastic aspect
1536909515.png

but what was really the dead giveaway is when I compared the back pictures of different colors of this same model. That inconsistency with the U shape behind !
1536909707.png

I immediately cancelled the order. I'd chose the pay on delivery option but didn't want to get there as I don't want to have trouble with the locals here.
I then started checking some items on supposedly safer versions like amazon.de and .com and lemme tell you one thing brehs: It's A LOT of fakes being sold out there. And what's crazy is that it's a known issue but it seems like amazon is not exactly scrambling to fix this since they are taking their cuts off every transaction being on legit items or not. so brehs be careful and spread the message.

Amazon still sells counterfeit goods despite efforts to clean up

'This is a middle finger to all brands': Birkenstock CEO lashes out at Amazon in brutal letter

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadesh...s-on-amazon-this-holiday-season/#4f43801f7cf1

If you asked me last year how to safeguard yourself against counterfeit and otherwise unregulated or hazardous items on Amazon — such as perfume that contains urine, lash enhancing serum that makes your eyelashes fall out, "Apple" chargers that melt, “Samsung” batteries that can burn your house down, moving straps that tear in half, and solar eclipse glasses that don’t really work — I would have told you to avoid the marketplace’s unvetted third party sellers, as it is extremely difficult to ensure the quality or veracity of what you’re actually ordering. I would have advised you to stick to Amazon’s Prime items, those that are “shipped from and sold by Amazon.com,” or to buy directly from the authentic manufacturers.

Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) is a program that Amazon offers third party merchants where Amazon handles all aspects of sale, warehousing, and shipment once a seller sends their products in to their warehouses. This is a program that is built for maximum speed, and all products with the same SKUs get mixed in together, regardless of who the individual sellers who shipped them in are. This means that counterfeits can be commingled with authentic products, and not even Amazon (apparently) can easily determine where they came from. This gives an added level of protection to counterfeiters, as the smokescreen between them and the nefarious products they spike Amazon's supply chain with is often incredibly thick.

:francis:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
At the end of the day Amazon don't give a fukk....

Its all about commerce

Quality Control isn't of their concern

Plus Amazon isn't trying to lose any market.share to Alibaba.com from Asia which is the bootleg king

@Charlie Hustle ....yeah I know about the bad chargers.....

Had one blow up in my outlet At an apartment I stayed at...

That was scary :merchant:

Also one of the reasons I'm not in the hair bundle game anymore because of the bad quality shipments I received.from a vendor Amazon
:martin:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this was a given? Nearly everything on amazon is bootleg and cheaper. How do you not know this? Why in the world would you buy sneakers on amazon and not the Nike/addidas store?

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
I thought this was a given? Nearly everything on amazon is bootleg and cheaper. How do you not know this? Why in the world would you buy sneakers on amazon and not the Nike/addidas store?
That's what I just did
Went to a mall this afternoon and copped a pair of black lite racers at an official store
And yes there's actually an official website for India adidas Official Website | adidas

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wear adidas brehs.

Buy shoes online brehs.

Go to the nike store and try the shoes on b4 u buy.

Some of us have to buy shoes online.
My size is rarely carried in stores, usually stores stop at 13.

However I would say that when it comes to shoes (especially popular styles), buy them direct from the company website

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
Y'all might as well buy counterfeits, y'all nikkas style is flabby and sick anyway

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
The cologne I copped off Amazon turned out to be a bootleg.

Never again.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadesh...s-on-amazon-this-holiday-season/#4f43801f7cf1

If you asked me last year how to safeguard yourself against counterfeit and otherwise unregulated or hazardous items on Amazon — such as perfume that contains urine, lash enhancing serum that makes your eyelashes fall out, "Apple" chargers that melt, “Samsung” batteries that can burn your house down, moving straps that tear in half, and solar eclipse glasses that don’t really work — I would have told you to avoid the marketplace’s unvetted third party sellers, as it is extremely difficult to ensure the quality or veracity of what you’re actually ordering. I would have advised you to stick to Amazon’s Prime items, those that are “shipped from and sold by Amazon.com,” or to buy directly from the authentic manufacturers.

Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) is a program that Amazon offers third party merchants where Amazon handles all aspects of sale, warehousing, and shipment once a seller sends their products in to their warehouses. This is a program that is built for maximum speed, and all products with the same SKUs get mixed in together, regardless of who the individual sellers who shipped them in are. This means that counterfeits can be commingled with authentic products, and not even Amazon (apparently) can easily determine where they came from. This gives an added level of protection to counterfeiters, as the smokescreen between them and the nefarious products they spike Amazon's supply chain with is often incredibly thick.

Last edited:

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
The things I like aren't sold in regular stores.
90% of the things I own and love are from Amazon.
But Amazon Prime only...anything else, would be uncivilized.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I would never ever cop sneakers from Amazon. I too wear size 13 and understand the difficulty of buying shoes but more stores are stocking them than in the past. Or maybe you should just get them from the retailers moving forward.