COWBOY CARTER: Beyoncé Won

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps

Beyoncé Releases New Album Cowboy Carter: Listen​

Beyonc Cowboy Carter

Beyoncé’s country era is officially under way: Her new album, Cowboy Carter, is out now, and you can listen to it below. The mammoth, 27-track record features a cover of the Dolly Parton classic “Jolene” and the Beatles’ “Blackbird,” as well as brief appearances from country great Willie Nelson on the “Smoke Hour” interludes. Parton appears, too, on “Dolly P.” A promotional poster that Beyoncé shared on social media, titled Cowboy Carter and the Rodeo Chitlin’ Circuit, alludes to the venue circuit where Black entertainers could tour during the Jim Crow era.

One of Beyoncé’s children, Rumi Carter, is credited on “Protector.” Additional guests on Cowboy Carter include Miley Cyrus, Post Malone, Shaboozey, Linda Martell, and Willie Jones. Plus, “Buckle Bunny” singer Tanner Adell, Brittney Spencer, Tiera Kennedy, and Reyna Roberts are on “Blackbiird”—a cover of the Beatles’ “Blackbird.” Writing the White Album song in 1968, Paul McCartney was inspired by the Little Rock Nine.

Last edited:

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The Jolene remake is fire
Ngl, I was gonna call it a wash til I saw those particular covers listed. I'll be listening once I'm up. Jolene a classic so I doubt Beyonce would messed that up.

Edit:

Ayoooooooo :banderas:

I literally went full 90s and said "oh no she didn't!" out loud. Damn near woke up the baby.

I'll be giving this a full spin. fukk it.

Last edited:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
Ngl, I was gonna call it a wash til I saw those particular covers listed. I'll be listening once I'm up. Jolene a classic so I doubt Beyonce would messed that up.

Edit:

I literally went full 90s and said "oh no she didn't!" out loud. Damn near woke up the baby.

jay-z get ethered part 2 :mjgrin: forgiven but never forgotten.

"Your peace depends on how you move, Jolene" that right there :wow:

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps

Edit:

In.

In