Mixtapes & EPs Craig Mack Tribute Mixtape - with (mostly) UNHEARD track from 1994

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
mNjb909.jpg

DJ Filthy Rich Presents: A Mixtape Tribute to Craig Mack

I wanted to give people a mix that not only highlighted Craig's hits, but also featured his deep cuts, remixes, freestyles, guest appearances and unreleased gems. I’ve also created some custom blends & sprinkled in some interview soundbites to give the mix a unique twist. Some of the features I chose simply because I liked the sound of the artist on the beat (e.g. Lord Finesse on ‘Jockin My Style’), others were to match themes (e.g. Canibus & Roxanne Shante on ‘Get Retarded’ & Kanye West on ‘When God Comes’), but the majority were created with a purpose. According to Erick Sermon, Craig was originally supposed to be a member of the Hit Squad before the legendary collective split. So I took a “What If…” approach, and created a few collaborations with Hit Squad members that I would’ve liked to hear back in the day. Craig’s raw, abstract style would’ve fit perfectly alongside Redman and Keith Murray.

Perhaps the most exciting thing about this mix is the unearthing of “Press Rewind”, a (mostly) unheard song from 1994 that was graciously shared by DJ Mastermind. For those who are unfamiliar, Mastermind is a Canadian hip hop radio & mixtape pioneer, and was to Toronto airwaves what Funk Flex was to NYC (thankfully though, there are no bomb drops every 20 seconds on the track).
Mastermind recounts the story behind the track on his IG:
“I asked [Craig] for a ‘Flava In Ya Ear’ dubplate and he was like no problem, we went to Play De Records basement studio (yes they had a studio in the basement) and he cut something for me. He made a ‘new’ song just for me, I wanted Flava In Ya Ear But how do you say ‘No I’m good’ when Craig Mack, the guy with the hottest song out sits down to make a new beat and cut you an exclusive song just for you?! You don’t...you just smile and nod.”

The result is a dope track with lyrics that will be new to everybody, unless you lived in Toronto & listened to his mixshow in ‘94.
The mixtape is split into two portions, the ‘Funkalicious’ and ‘Mackalicious’ sections, which comprise Craig’s Hip Hop songs and R&B features respectively. Even the most well-versed Craig Mack fan will find something new on this mix, so press play and go on a journey with the Mackaliciousphatfunkflav....HAAAAH BOIIII!

Special Thanks to DJ Mastermind for the exclusive, and to Craig C. The Artist for the cover art sketch.

Got the co-sign from Erick Sermon, Easy Mo Bee, and Jamal (so far) :ahh:
C5sH0f1.jpg

LISTEN HERE:

For the first week, there will only be a Mixcloud link available, as I'm trying to make the charts, and would like all traffic directed there. After a week (which is when they remove mixes from the chart), I'll post up more links in this thread

TRACKLIST
FUNKALICIOUS SECTION

Filthy Rich Intro (ft Jay Lamont on beatbox)
Flava In Ya Ear RMX (ft Biggie, Rampage, LL Cool J, Busta Rhymes) [Filthy Rich Easy Mo ReFix]
Mainline (ft Redman) [Filthy Rich blend]
Get Down (Orig + RMX ft Q-Tip)
Makin Moves With Puff
MuchMusic Rap City freestyle
Special Delivery (ft Ghostface Killah) [Filthy Rich blend]
NYC Let's Go (ft Nas & Rakim) [Filthy Rich blend]
Straight In Ya Mouf
Judgement Day
Jockin My Style (ft Erick Sermon, Lord Finesse) [Filthy Rich's "Jockin For Beats" blend]
The Most Beautifullest Thing RMX (w Keith Murray) [Filthy Rich blend]
Brand New nikka [Filthy Rich blend]
Tony Touch freestyle
Press Rewind (Mastermind EXCLUSIVE)
Mack Come Thru
What I Need [Official RMX + Filthy Rich blend]
On Da Run
You Don't Have To Worry (Verse)
Flava In Ya Ear [Filthy Rich blend]
What I Need (original version) [Filthy Rich blend]
Today's Forecast
When God Comes (ft Kanye West) [Doo Wop RMX + Orig + Filthy Rich blend]
Get Retarded (ft Canibus, Roxanne Shante) [Filthy Rich's "Retarded-er" blend]
Do You Have What It Takes? [Filthy Rich's "Street Fighter 2" ReFix]
Real Raw
Craig Mack & Biggie - Let Me Get Down (Original unreleased version)
MACKALICIOUS SECTION
Please Listen To My Demo
Heard It All Before
No One But You RMX (w/ Veronica)
Kick Your Game RMX (w/ TLC)
Vibin RMX (w/ Busta Rhymes, Method Man, Boyz II Men)
It's Alright (w/ Sista)
Spirit (w/ Sounds Of Blackness)
Wooden Horse (w/ Frank Sinatra)
If You Love Me RMX (w/ Brownstone)
Coronation Of A King
Tonight's The Night (w/ Blackstreet & SWV)
BONUS TRACKS
Flava In Ya Ear (ft EPMD, Keith Murray, Redman, Das Efx)[Filthy Rich's Hit Squad Mix]
Craig Mack & Biggie 1995 Westwood freestyle

For more mixes & blends:
DJ Filthy Rich (@djfilthyrich416) on Twitter (Twitter)
DJ Filthy Rich (@djfilthyrich) • Instagram photos and videos (IG)
DJ Filthy Rich (FB)
djfilthyrich2 (Soundcloud)

Tagging the ppl from the "Craig Mack R.I.P." thread since I'm guessing you might be interested in hearing this:

@King Brim @DrexlersCut @gabbo @SirBiatch @Lord Scion @Vinny Lupton @Taadow @Wa$$up @Flav @morris @Conscious Pilot @Low Post Like Hakeem @Living Bait @obarth @jackson35 @Kingshango @Cadillac @John Hull @bigbadbossup2012 @saysumthinfunnymike @WaveGang @ZiggyZag @Nerdy black guy @Dr. Narcisse @TheRtist @FeloniousCaper @luckyse7enz @jackswstd @keond @Brad Piff @DaveyDave @Hugs @MurderToCassette @Redwing80 @NYC Rebel @BoogieDown23 @Skooby @Prince Luchini @Dat916nikka @Urbanmiracle @old boy @gragra @CarltonJunior @Majestyx @Kidd Dibiase @The Ruler 09 @Ironman @Rastafarian42 @Van Glorious @Ronnie @R=G @1986 @DallasTxRep @96Blue @Xtraz2 @oO J Smooth Oo @ADP @Deltron @TooLazyToMakeUp1 @Middle Finga U @Michael's Black Son @419scam @O.G.B @Hannibal Fox @Juggalo Fred @The Bilingual Gringo @brownsugah @YourMumsRoom @WavyHair ChippedTeeth @SonnyDecay @L. Deezy @PlayerNinety_Nine @ahdsend @Amor fati @Bickin Back Being Bool @NormanConnors @Jean toomer @Pete Wrigley @3rdWorld @http://www.thecoli.com/members/ea.12204/ @FreshAIG @Lionel Jospeh @UpAndComing @hustlemania @MartyMcFly @jaguar paw @Igloo Stix @patscorpio @Soundbwoy @Stuntone @wickedsm @mobbinfms @MR. Conclusion @Cheese McNair @Barney Rubble @MartyMcFly @General Mills @mson @Absolut da poet ® @REAL6 @UserNameless @mr.africa @malbaker86 @Living Proof @radio rahiem @jbrad @Luvs 2 Spooge @Heelish @Wear My Dawg's Hat @HipHopStan @Pausebot @b. woods @Brady-Carter @King Sun @Blankthawtz @Jimmy ValenTime @DaRealness @MoneyBags @WesCrook @Bruce Wayne @dora_da_destroyer @JustCKing @Billy Ocean @IVS @spliz @Raw Lyrics @newarkhiphop @Meh @mastermind @dem bath salts @Young Scrap @Slystallion @BK The Great @JulesWinfield @King P @big bun @Detroit Wave @Remote @Rapmastermind @just4purpose @Ted Varrick @Newark88 @GPBear @daboywonder2002 @AntLive1981 @tuckdog @Danie84 @#1 pick @BmoreGorilla @cartierhoe @West Coast Avenger @xCivicx @Waterproof @M.DOT @Thomas @No Homo @Listen @areohbee82 @Flawdaboi @Diondon @BlackMajik @x-factor7 @hayesc0 @Dad @Bugsmoran @Ardamus @Robert California @Dwayne Taylor @The Black Panther @Cheech&Chong @x2y @YBG613 @pete clemenza @Kliq_Souf @lightskin jermaine @Rekkapryde @N.J.stan @ThiefyPoo @eastsideTT @Ask a Stupid Question @New Jeruzalem Journalist @Devilinurear @Killah Ray @RubioTheCruel @Barry Sanders @daze23 @GetInTheTruck @Dmitri @Rose Gold @smokeurobinson @NinoBrown @Take It In Blood @NoHateLeftBehind @King Jove @Tunez @ThaEruditious @aloebeats @Hostile @Jplaya2023 @synistr @planD @Roid Jones @RammerJammer @Illeye buckmatic @Rice N Beans @M-ILLITANT @lotteryplaya @NYtymes @Ace of the Metropolitan @PropJoe @MikeyC @Yaboysix @Cat piss martini @Living Bait @Ukbrotha @Clayton Endicott @Stick Up Kid @DANJ! @Nomad1 @MT74 @Kiyoshi-Dono @tru_m.a.c @beaniemac @SouljaVoy @BiggWebb79 @Ravishing Brick Rude @wizworld @Pigeon @General Bravo III @Mahirishi @Turlast @kingofnyc @Threnody @3Rivers @GeeEffKay @ILLMMORTAL @Tom Foolery @TheNig @Malkoonxxx_23 @King Jae @Redwood @KingSol81 @The_Hillsta @SAJ!! @Young Bishop @IllmaticDelta @youngben @The Message @Mandizi @JadeB @Here Comes the Pain @Doctor Wily @hashmander @livewire @ChinotheJet @King Karim @morris @DMVLeGenD @TCHC75 @LITO @Reactor1804 @Skip b @C-Styles @Cole Cash @yibster @Carolina Slim @Dwolf @NaijaProdigy Redux @Bboystylez @Insensitive @Zero @Mixerr Reviews @Hawaiian Punch @Wepa Man @Claudex @premier58 @NigerianDonDada @SemiEnlightenedBum @dblive @Abstract83 @kevm3 @Edub @tremonthustler1 @NYK Loyalist @feelosofer @jimbean @Raquinotj @Anti-Anime @TEKBEATZ
@Francis White @ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Also tagged the people who've liked my previous mixes. If you want to be added or removed from my tag list, just leave a note below and I'll make the update:

@Nighthawk @TL15 @King Napz @MTAFZ @ArchStanton @MoveAround @premier58 @Smokee Robinson @revan @bobbiewishbone @Xtz23 @chiefdogg @Oldirtyb*stard
@ItsTimJackson @mrjoncampbell @Wallychamp @Deoji @Tactical @quezlofresh @KravenMorehead™ @HiiiPower @Methodical @Black Lightning @Hammer
@Shadow King @dubsmith_nz @avon barksdale @Geoffrey_Chaucer @The Infamous @ItsTimJackson @stomachlines @Jimmy Two-Times™
http://www.thecoli.com/members/ℒℴѵℯjay-electua.589/

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
np, I used a VPN to listen to it anyway.... great mix

+rep

Ok cool....that was gonna be my suggestion to ppl who might have trouble streaming it in the U.S.
Some browsers have VPN's built into them (I use the Opera browser sometimes when I need a VPN)

Thanks for the feedback....i worked hard puttin that mix together....

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
Can't listen but I'll be on the look out for the future links :salute:

Dope tracklist too
:ld: It’s not working.
@djfilthyrich

This upload is unavailable in your country
due to licensing restrictions. Why?
Sorry, this show is not available in your country

The mention didn't show up in my mentions :patrice: but I clicked in here naturally:obama:preciate it

Got an alternate Soundcloud link up for ya:

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
mNjb909.jpg

ALTERNATE SOUNDCLOUD LINK NOW UP FOR THE PPL WHO HAD TROUBLE STREAMING FROM MIXCLOUD:

Tagging the ppl from the "Craig Mack R.I.P." thread since I'm guessing you might be interested in hearing this:

@King Brim @DrexlersCut @gabbo @SirBiatch @Lord Scion @Vinny Lupton @Taadow @Wa$$up @Flav @morris @Conscious Pilot @Low Post Like Hakeem @Living Bait @obarth @jackson35 @Kingshango @Cadillac @John Hull @bigbadbossup2012 @saysumthinfunnymike @WaveGang @ZiggyZag @Nerdy black guy @Dr. Narcisse @TheRtist @FeloniousCaper @luckyse7enz @jackswstd @keond @Brad Piff @DaveyDave @Hugs @MurderToCassette @Redwing80 @NYC Rebel @BoogieDown23 @Skooby @Prince Luchini @Dat916nikka @Urbanmiracle @old boy @gragra @CarltonJunior @Majestyx @Kidd Dibiase @The Ruler 09 @Ironman @Rastafarian42 @Van Glorious @Ronnie @R=G @1986 @DallasTxRep @96Blue @Xtraz2 @oO J Smooth Oo @ADP @Deltron @TooLazyToMakeUp1 @Middle Finga U @Michael's Black Son @419scam @O.G.B @Hannibal Fox @Juggalo Fred @The Bilingual Gringo @brownsugah @YourMumsRoom @WavyHair ChippedTeeth @SonnyDecay @L. Deezy @PlayerNinety_Nine @ahdsend @Amor fati @Bickin Back Being Bool @NormanConnors @Jean toomer @Pete Wrigley @3rdWorld @http://www.thecoli.com/members/ea.12204/ @FreshAIG @Lionel Jospeh @UpAndComing @hustlemania @MartyMcFly @jaguar paw @Igloo Stix @patscorpio @Soundbwoy @Stuntone @wickedsm @mobbinfms @MR. Conclusion @Cheese McNair @Barney Rubble @MartyMcFly @General Mills @mson @Absolut da poet ® @REAL6 @UserNameless @mr.africa @malbaker86 @Living Proof @radio rahiem @jbrad @Luvs 2 Spooge @Heelish @Wear My Dawg's Hat @HipHopStan @Pausebot @b. woods @Brady-Carter @King Sun @Blankthawtz @Jimmy ValenTime @DaRealness @MoneyBags @WesCrook @Bruce Wayne @dora_da_destroyer @JustCKing @Billy Ocean @IVS @spliz @Raw Lyrics @newarkhiphop @Meh @mastermind @dem bath salts @Young Scrap @Slystallion @BK The Great @JulesWinfield @King P @big bun @Detroit Wave @Remote @Rapmastermind @just4purpose @Ted Varrick @Newark88 @GPBear @daboywonder2002 @AntLive1981 @tuckdog @Danie84 @#1 pick @BmoreGorilla @cartierhoe @West Coast Avenger @xCivicx @Waterproof @M.DOT @Thomas @No Homo @Listen @areohbee82 @Flawdaboi @Diondon @BlackMajik @x-factor7 @hayesc0 @Dad @Bugsmoran @Ardamus @Robert California @Dwayne Taylor @The Black Panther @Cheech&Chong @x2y @YBG613 @pete clemenza @Kliq_Souf @lightskin jermaine @Rekkapryde @N.J.stan @ThiefyPoo @eastsideTT @Ask a Stupid Question @New Jeruzalem Journalist @Devilinurear @Killah Ray @RubioTheCruel @Barry Sanders @daze23 @GetInTheTruck @Dmitri @Rose Gold @smokeurobinson @NinoBrown @Take It In Blood @NoHateLeftBehind @King Jove @Tunez @ThaEruditious @aloebeats @Hostile @Jplaya2023 @synistr @planD @Roid Jones @RammerJammer @Illeye buckmatic @Rice N Beans @M-ILLITANT @lotteryplaya @NYtymes @Ace of the Metropolitan @PropJoe @MikeyC @Yaboysix @Cat piss martini @Living Bait @Ukbrotha @Clayton Endicott @Stick Up Kid @DANJ! @Nomad1 @MT74 @Kiyoshi-Dono @tru_m.a.c @beaniemac @SouljaVoy @BiggWebb79 @Ravishing Brick Rude @wizworld @Pigeon @General Bravo III @Mahirishi @Turlast @kingofnyc @Threnody @3Rivers @GeeEffKay @ILLMMORTAL @Tom Foolery @TheNig @Malkoonxxx_23 @King Jae @Redwood @KingSol81 @The_Hillsta @SAJ!! @Young Bishop @IllmaticDelta @youngben @The Message @Mandizi @JadeB @Here Comes the Pain @Doctor Wily @hashmander @livewire @ChinotheJet @King Karim @morris @DMVLeGenD @TCHC75 @LITO @Reactor1804 @Skip b @C-Styles @Cole Cash @yibster @Carolina Slim @Dwolf @NaijaProdigy Redux @Bboystylez @Insensitive @Zero @Mixerr Reviews @Hawaiian Punch @Wepa Man @Claudex @premier58 @NigerianDonDada @SemiEnlightenedBum @dblive @Abstract83 @kevm3 @Edub @tremonthustler1 @NYK Loyalist @feelosofer @jimbean @Raquinotj @Anti-Anime @TEKBEATZ
@Francis White @ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Also tagged the people who've liked my previous mixes. If you want to be added or removed from my tag list, just leave a note below and I'll make the update:

@Nighthawk @TL15 @King Napz @MTAFZ @ArchStanton @MoveAround @premier58 @Smokee Robinson @revan @bobbiewishbone @Xtz23 @chiefdogg @Oldirtyb*stard
@ItsTimJackson @mrjoncampbell @Wallychamp @Deoji @Tactical @quezlofresh @KravenMorehead™ @HiiiPower @Methodical @Black Lightning @Hammer
@Shadow King @dubsmith_nz @avon barksdale @Geoffrey_Chaucer @The Infamous @ItsTimJackson @stomachlines @Jimmy Two-Times™
@Jimmy the gent @JamieFoxxHairline

Last edited: