Criminally Underrated Scifi Animated Series: Pantheon AMC

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Season 2 has already been confirmed despite the relatively low showing. The promo and advertising for the show has been abysmal, but don't let it deter you. This is an A-tier animation gem of the likes of Invincible, Edgerunners, Blood of Olympus, ect but it was failed by their management.
I watched on AMC, it may only be available there unless you pirate it. For my Amazon brehs, the first episode can be viewed on Prime video for free if you would like to get a taste without buying amc.

I don't want to spoil anything, so here's a barebones description from one of the review sites : Pantheon explores the outer limits of what we and our technology are capable of creating and destroying, focusing on the “uploading” of human consciousness into the cloud. It explores the theme of technology through the lens of family, focusing on both the people whose brains have been digitally uploaded, and the loved ones they’ve left behind. Ultimately, Pantheon challenges our understanding of what it means to be human.
Sci-fi Elements include: Uploaded Intelligence, Meta-verse, networks, AI
Like I said, barebones. Expect to have your heartstrings tugged at brehs :mjcry:. For the fathers or family-men here, this show might resonate with you more. For my GMB brehs, there's a few moments for you too.

Tribaligenesis

All Star
Daps
Will check it out, always up for somethin that tugs at the heart string....if they every make an animated series of Brian K Vaughan's Saga...I'd be a complete mess :mjlol:

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
BUMP. If my proselytizing successfully converts at least one satisfied viewer, I have done my job.
Enter the kingdom with me.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps

:mjcry:It could have been a hit it if received the promo it deserved. Ah well.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Wow Season 2 is out and I had no idea. Amazon Prime saves another one! But my god, they've done a terrible job of promoting it.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Says it's not available in the US from my end? Guess I'll have to watch it another way:shaq:

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Just finished season 2:wow:
Last 2 episodes felt like a different show, I'm probably gonna run the last episode back to fully get it. First time around I was really just trying to keep up with everything.
Anyways, it was an incredible story that deserved to be told. A lot of very strong characters, very strong and moving dialogue, and very powerful moments. I don't want to spoil the ending, but man they took it there and they took it far, but I guess that's the logical conclusion of the upload tech advancing.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
season 2 is fantastic!
Yessir! Last two episodes could have been their own season, especially with the chunk of relatively novel concepts that they introduced
CIs developing into their own beings and living among Uis becoming commonplace. DYSON SPHERE for UIs, real life humans protesting for UI rights after witnessing the virus kill, etc
but I'm glad they were able to bring the show to a close on their own terms. I'm still due for a rewatch.