acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My question is where are the teachers who are supposedly teaching Critical Race Theory. Where were the teachers in Loudon County VA either denying teaching CRT or defending it? This whole debate is going to have the most impact on the teachers, but we don't hear anything out of them on the subject.

Because, unless they're college professors, they're not actually teaching it. The whole thing has nothing to do with CRT actually being taught in school and is just white fear-mongering.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is not taught in public or private schools but instead law school you have to pay for so why is this an issue again with Republicans? Do these cock suckers realize this isn’t a curriculum in schools? fukkin bozos
:jbhmm:Nah they know what it is their just use this as part of their culture war :mjpls:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
You can't have Dems quash it easily, and it's hard for Dems to defend against it, which makes it particularly brilliant from a GOP/conservative propaganda perspective. Reasons that Dems can't easily quash it:

• Every Dem politician, official, board member, liberal, moderate, etc all have their own individual belief and worldview structure on race, and having them all be on the same message about some abstract intellectual frameworks that are quite frankly more in line with academia and learning is pretty much impossible.
  • The vast majority of the Dems and officials who are being pressed on this are WHITE PEOPLE. Don't you think that WHITE PEOPLE already struggle when it comes to talking about race? A great deal of them are racists, race and history apathetic, or incapable of talking about race. Let's get real - this is a trap to trip people up.
  • The Critical Race Theory fear and mania is really just a backlash for people talking about race and its effects. Someone says that we need more equity? That's CRT. Someone says that black people have been disadvantaged economically because of the history of the US? That's CRT. Someone complains about racism? That's CRT. Someone wants to recognize that race has a big impact on daily life in the US? That's CRT. Some company is doing some DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) training? That's CRT. This is a trap.
  • We're too large of a country to be on the same message when it comes to something a great deal of people either don't care about or secretly agree that that they don't like caring about black people or whatever. There's a lot of groups that are in play here. White people. Other minorities and marginalized groups. Immigrants. Etc. For example, you think immigrants from the last 60 years give a single fukk about what happened to black people in this country? They are thinking about themselves and rather join in on dunking on whoever they perceive might be below them in the pecking order. A lot of their children are disproportionately leaders in financial, business, and education sectors, so they have an impact.

The one advantage to this is that this will "blow over" soon enough. They'll be on to another shytty propaganda tactic. The downside is that in the brains of plenty of white people, republicans, moderates, and many others, "CRT" will consume all the great work that black people have done academically and socially these past 50+++ years and push that into CRT. CRT will become a sphere in their brain that will hold all that hard work we've done as a people, and then will decide that it's all wrong...because "CRT" is wrong. Black people are wrong. The history should be forgotten. It's effects. They will live in a fantasy land where history has had no effect on the present moment. It's a backlash. They always do this.

:wow:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Because, unless they're college professors, they're not actually teaching it. The whole thing has nothing to do with CRT actually being taught in school and is just white fear-mongering.
Exactly

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA

That's one thing that frustrates me. Democrats are not holding Republicans feet to the fire to give examples of what they think is CRT. All you hear from conservatives is "they are teaching our kids that white people are evil." Democrats are busy using the textbook definition of CRT or denying that it is being taught. When someone brings up CRT I always say give me an example of when, where, and how it's being used. 9 times out of 10 it will be a bullshyt example that ends up showing the bigotry of the person making the accusation.

For example the news ran with this story from a woman at a school board meeting: "First, it was in early spring of 2020 when my 6-year-old somberly came to me and asked me if she was born evil because she was a white person — something she learned in a history lesson at school." Why wasn't this story verified or debunked? I bet if she was further questioned on what her daughter learned, it was probably something simple like white people had black people as slaves, and she was exaggerating the story for her agenda. Hell, she probably just made it up.

In this day and age, people can just simply lie and make things up. If they are not called out on it, people will believe the lies, which is exactly what happened in the Virginia governor election.

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
It’s a winner for Republicans because they know Democrats can’t really engage with the debate, they can only mitigate damage by sticking to the textbook definition and quickly moving on.

If the Republican argument is that CRT is anything which teaches that white people are evil, Democrats can only agree or respond in a way that will be perceived by half their electorate like they’re defending white supremacy.

Republican leadership is despicable, but they’re not dumb.