Curren$y Reveals That He & Raekwon Have New Material Recorded In The "Double Digits" + Snippet Added

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Over the last decade, Curren$y has ascended from a flagship artist at Lil Wayne’s Young Money Entertainment to a successful independent MC. In the years since, the onetime 504 Boyz member has released collaborative projects with Wiz Khalifa, producer Ski Beatz, and his own Jet Life squad. In a year that has already witnessedmonthly mixtapes alongside Alchemist, Cool & Dre, and others, Spitta Andretti revealed that he has something else in the chamber.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-01-at-11.44.19-PM.png

In front of the hometown crowd at New Orleans, Louisiana’s House Of Blues, Curren$y was a guest at the #CombatJackLive event. Interviewed by Combat Jack, the onetime Warner Bros. Records star confirmed that he has double digits’ worth of material recorded with Wu-Tang Clan member Raekwon. Ambrosia For Heads attended the event. There, Spitta was asked about which artists he would like to work with. Claiming that he primarily listens to Oldies, Curren$y then confirmed the Raekwon project. “I won’t tell you the title, but we got a double-digit list of joints. [Raekwon is] the homie,” said Spitta. He added that a mutual friend connected the Staten Island veteran with the N.O. mainstay.

While Curren$y is especially prolific in mixtapes, Raekwon has not released a tape since 2014’s We Wanna Thank You collection. He last released Fly International Luxurious Art more than one year ago.

#CombatJackLive is part of the 2016 Essence Festival. In the interview conversation, the MC touched upon the likelihood of Pilot Talk 4, and his bond with Wiz.

Editor’s Note: Combat Jack clarified that Curren$y said “double digits,” referring to songs, not “double disc” as originally reported. The project may be a single or double disc. Ambrosia For Heads will update as we learn more information.

http://ambrosiaforheads.com/2016/07/curreny-raekwon-news-double-album/

Last edited:

Suspicions

All Star
Daps
Hopefully the Lloyd Banks and Fab features he's been wanting and ive been waiting to hear might appear with Rae:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I reported this. I was live at the show.

We voted for his next tape to drop on July 12th. He said Pilot Talk 4 "top of the year" 2017. He also said he's sitting on 2009 ready to drop on a whim

Hope he goes back to Ski Beats for Pilot Talk 4. Pilot Talk 3 was cool with Cool and Dre but it didn't sound like a Pilot Talk to me

genesis09

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Hope he goes back to Ski Beats for Pilot Talk 4. Pilot Talk 3 was cool with Cool and Dre but it didn't sound like a Pilot Talk to me
I hope he takes his time with any project named pilot talk. Even for 3 he has been working on it for longer than most curren$y projects. To me 3 is slightly above 1 but 2 is where he hit his real stride.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
I reported this. I was live at the show.

We voted for his next tape to drop on July 12th. He said Pilot Talk 4 "top of the year" 2017. He also said he's sitting on 2009 ready to drop on a whim
Somebody should've asked him about the Puff Daddy project that was supposed to come out with him & Chuck Inglish

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Somebody should've asked him about the Puff Daddy project that was supposed to come out with him & Chuck Inglish

If I knew about that I would've asked. We got to ask questions while he was on and off stage. If I had to guess though he probably has everything made already and it'll drop whenever he feels like droppin something