D12 - Devil’s Night [Expanded Edition] June 18, 2021

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
We can still clown EM here.

D12 should have been alot bigger but em didn't seem to care about the group after the first album.

Obie trice also should have been bigger but just like d12, Em didn't seem to care after his first album.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
We can still clown EM here.

D12 should have been alot bigger but em didn't seem to care about the group after the first album.

Obie trice also should have been bigger but just like d12, Em didn't seem to care after his first album.

Not true at all

And def not with Obie/he told me otherwise in person.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm sure people heard these songs already. I don't know why labels always do this.
I don’t see a downside. I mean yeah, it’s a money grab.

But…

1. Younger cats see them on the new release page (how I saw it) and might hear music they never heard before.

2. For the older heads, it’s nice to have b-sides, rarities, and instrumentals on the same playlist as the album.

I don’t mind these things at all.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Not true at all

I remember it seeming like em was barely apart of d12 on their second album and it definitely felt like alot less effort went into it.

Obie went from platinum on his first project to barely promoted on the second album.

Maybe I'm wrong, but at the time it seemed like 50 and g unit were the focus to em and his other artists suffered for it.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Not true at all

Yeah, I dislike most of Em’s music, but I think he arguably pushed D12’s second album harder than their first album. I think he really wanted to see them win.

And Obie’s first two albums got a lot of marketing dollars too, and Cheers performed very well.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I don’t see a downside. I mean yeah, it’s a money grab.

But…

1. Younger cats see them on the new release page (how I saw it) and might hear music they never heard before.

2. For the older heads, it’s nice to have b-sides, rarities, and instrumentals on the same playlist as the album.

I don’t mind these things at all.

You're right. Maybe Em wants to cut them a check for the older stuff as well since they are probably still on the label.