Damn bruhs..Trying to decide if I should take this 8mo contract or keep working on personal projects

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Just got an eight month contract listing opening thrown my way :jbhmm:

Job Title: Software Development Analyst 3
Client - Northrop Grumman
contract position of 8 months with possibility of hiring full time if needed (no thank you)
Pay Rate $35/hr

My home contracting gig got canceled April 1st(no jokes) and I've been looking for a b.s. part time gig to fund my personal projects ...if you've seen my post you already know what they are. :manny:

This weekend a friend of mine in new orleans hit me up(getting married :obama: / moving back for new job) and I showed him what I've been working on. Today he sends me this and I'm like :francis: I can use the funds but I'm building my own right now. :sadcam:

:patrice: Now technically I'm done with what I'm working on as of literally 2 days ago. It's just upkeep and advertisement at this point so I'm thinking why not throw 8 month at it :jbhmm::ehh:...............:snoop:

:comeon:MF got real dilemmas out here I'm throwing b.s. over a decent paying job "listing" :stopitslime:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Job Title: Software Development Analyst 3
Client - Northrop Grumman
contract position of 8 months with possibility of hiring full time if needed
Pay Rate $35/hr

NG would like to find a qualified candidate in either .................. - Qualified candidates for either locations are accepted.This is a Contract position, with an open possibility to hire if needed by NG.Job Description:
Contractor will be designing; developing, testing, and implementing Java Web services and front end components for Hadoop based Data Analytics. They may also need to work with the end users to develop requirements, provide end user support and debug/resolve issues with software solutions.
Travel should not be required.Requirements:
Candidate must have good analytical and development skills. They will need to have good communication skills and the ability to work with a team and independently.
Minimum of 5 years Experience with design, development, and implementation of complex Web Solutions
Minimum of 3 years Experience with design, development, and implementation of complex Java Web Solutions , Web Services, and Micro Service and REST Architecture.
Extensive experience with HTML 3 and 5, XML, Java, JavaScript, and JQuery development
Experience with JBoss running under Linux
Experience developing rich user interfaces
Experience with cross browser and responsive web design
Strong conceptual skills and ability to apply Rapid Prototyping

If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send updated resume and call me ASAP at (000) 000-0000, even if we have spoken recently about a different position. If you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP. Thank you.

:lupe:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What kind of personal projects you cooking breh?
:jbhmm:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Get money fukk your dreams, this is reality.

:what:

Not to that extent, but you definitely get the point.

Stop posting about it and apply.
There's enough time in the day to work a full time job and pursue your passion, if it truly is a passion.

Take it easy bruhs :whoa: ...there is a reason I live modestly, stash a small nest egg, keep the debt down to non existent, etc. I'm aware of how to manage my ambitions to coincide with my life situations. To whatever extent I ever falter I got hustle & common sense. That said you have to understand I grew up rather comfortable (everything I needed & most of what I wanted, vacations in the summer, no family drama, etc.) not rich ...not poor, black city ran by black people B'ham, AL. So I'm not :wtf: when it comes to cash. I just need my living situation right and room to work, that done ...i'm in the sun.:to: Also I still live in Alabama not NYC, L.A,. etc cost of living is waaaay low down here.:ehh:

Easy example:
My team consisted of software engineer and computer science students. We had guys talking about making games on other worlds with all these fancy effects even though we had no artist 2D/3D. We could plan and program plenty of things but given that we didn't have artist we had to use the recourses given with the game.

Ambition has to coincide with the resources you have and those you can attain. With that said there is no such thing as being "practical" or "realistic" in the since that most people use it "don't be too ambitious". "Being Practical" comes in your ability to plan and execute not in you ability to tame your ambition. People to often error in conflating the two.

What kind of personal projects you cooking breh?
:jbhmm:

Software development entity "videogamestashbox" it currently has 2 major sub entities...
"leme hol dat" videogames(Games trading service)
and
Gaming Society(**content aggregation & lite social media** Hub for black gaming public to find black Gaming Media & content creators**twitch, walkthroughs,etc.**)

1. videogamestashbox.com (which I will use to fund private software development)
2. http://www.thecoli.com/threads/watch-us-make-a-game-using-unreal-engine-3.391161/#post-17257558 (example of my "private software development")

:yeshrug: U already finished the hard work, stack your money these 8 months and put all your money behind it

Exactly! This will be good cash to flip into my personal projects:patrice: He has sent me positions before but this is the first time everything has lined up right. :ehh: It's crazy cause I literally just finished the second iteration "Gaming society" of the project two days ago Saturday. I.E I'm at a stopping point. :jbhmm: ...good experience for future stuff I'm thinking about as well.:ohhh::ehh:

"Lets get dat re up money":takedat:

Last edited:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Both.

Go ahead and get the temporary gig to establish a steady source of income, build your resume, and make yourself more marketable should your personal projects not proceed as planned.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Both.

Go ahead and get the temporary gig to establish a steady source of income, build your resume, and make yourself more marketable should your personal projects not proceed as planned.

Actually I was thinking after I posted it that the wording was poor. This is definitely not an either or proposition as the title makes it out to be.:snoop: If for no other reason then its only 8 months either way :yeshrug::ehh:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
That realness Brehs :banderas:
If you can't work on your dreams after hours and on weekends from your laptop, those are PIPE DREAMS. How's a job stop you from pursuing your dreams if this is your dream.

I wanted to open a brazillian jiujitsu studio then I realized I don't have the passion to train and workout every single day. Pipe dream

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you can't work on your dreams after hours and on weekends from your laptop, those are PIPE DREAMS. How's a job stop you from pursuing your dreams if this is your dream.

I wanted to open a brazillian jiujitsu studio then I realized I don't have the passion to train and workout every single day. Pipe dream

Easy example:
My team consisted of software engineer and computer science students. We had guys talking about making games on other worlds with all these fancy effects even though we had no artist 2D/3D. We could plan and program plenty of things but given that we didn't have artist we had to use the recourses given with the game.

Ambition has to coincide with the resources you have and those you can attain. With that said there is no such thing as being "practical" or "realistic" in the since that most people use it "don't be too ambitious". "Being Practical" comes in your ability to plan and execute not in you ability to tame your ambition. People to often error in conflating the two.

:yeshrug:Not my fault you don't know how to plan & execute :sas2:

Last edited: