Dan LeBatard: "Curry Family Gets Pass For Tirade That Cam Didn't Because Of :mjpls:"

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Hour 2

@33:00

"Here is an interesting place, and you guys often get bothered by me discussing race. But here is a way that I can discuss race that I think many of you are going to find interesting. All the more interesting because Steph Curry is not white. But listen to this in terms of whether or not someone is viewed as threatening, or more likely to be viewed as threatening, if they are big and black. Because it is important, in how it is that we sort of absorb these things and how our biases make an appearance and how we would view LeBron James differently if he were throwing his mouthpiece in disgust. And it's not about black or just about being black, it's also about size, it's about physicality, it's about whether or not someone is giving off menace and if you believe big and black is something that is more dangerous and menacing.

Do you realize that what Steph Curry and his wife did last night, was a lot more sore loser than what Cam Newton did after losing the Super Bowl? Do you realize that what they did as a family was unbelievable poor sportsmanship, first guy ejected from a game in 20 years in the finals, that it was so much worse than what Cam Newton did, and we hit him with sore loser and filed a bunch of stuff under sore loser - you can't behave that way. But what Steph Curry and his wife did last night was 50 times more unprofessional; the both of them"

:mjpls:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I get what Dan was trying to say that Curry's complexion gives him more of a pass in the media than darker brehs in sports. Imagine if Lebron threw his mouthpiece and hit a fan had a tantrum or his wife tweeted what Ayesha did. He would have been skewered. I was listening to Cowherd too and he pretty much said the same thing and called Curry a fraud. He had a great analogy saying that the GSW are like Silicon Valley rich white kids who get all this success and money young and never had to really struggle. The first time they run into adversity or physical play they cry about not having their Mercedes or Cavier not being chilled at the right temperature aka getting foul calls. This is what playoff basketball is suppose to be about you cant sit back and rely teammates to give you screens all day to create shots b/c when Klay or Steph don't get it they are not that special. Take away their 3s and what else do they have?

Last edited:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
hes absolutely right :francis:

this is why i cant root for Curry, he's a personification of the double standard

and why I always root for Lebron. These cacs wanna paint him as a villain and I wont let them
how can you agree with a cac and then say cac's want to paint him as the villain? enlighten me please...

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Klay also left the court before the game was over.

But of course all this justifiable cause the NBA is rigged against the Warriors :troll:
Seemed like Mark Jackson was getting ready to go there regarding the non-issue of Klay Thompson walking off the court before the game was over when that would regularly be a big issue if it was someone else (e.g. LBJ)--but he mysteriously just stopped talking before he could elaborate further :mjpls:

Last edited: