Dana White: Anderson Silva vs. GSP Super Fight likely for Cowboys Stadium

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Even though this fight is long overdue i think it is still a must see if it ever happens. I think Silva would take him out just on the size advantage alone though. Still would like to see it come to fruition though.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Dana isnt as much as an idiot as the fans that are buying into this (becoming a reality) are..UFC is sinking into irrelevancy and has had a string of PR disasters.What better way to steer things in the opposite direction than by digging down the same well of wetting the fans appetite with a dream fight scenario.They have played this card many times and if it didnt happen after ufc 101 it was never going to happen.Hell wasnt this the same week dana was asking if fans want to see fedor/brock :rudy:

ps The only way gsp/silva happen is if its brock type scenario where they know gsp is damaged goods

I just peeped an interview last night that he was asking out of curiosity, not so much as a "if yall want it ima make it happen" type question. He also said that he hasnt tried to sign Fedor...take it for what you will..he's been known to bullshyt with a straight face

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
:comeon:
http://www.badlefthook.com/2010/11/...-far-below-attendance-expectations-at-cowboys
As much good as you can say about the win for Manny Pacquiao last night, there are no doubt some frowns on the business side of things coming out of the performance, at least for now. We'll see how pay-per-view figures stack up, but ESPN.com's Dan Rafael reported last night that the attendance at Cowboys Stadium was a "mere" 41,734 -- less than what Pacquiao did against the far lesser-known Joshua Clottey in March at the same building, and much, much less than the 70,000 they were talking up before this fight.

:stopitslime:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
they need to meet in the middle(middleweight) and have a triple threat match. GSP vs Silva vs Jones for Pound for Pound Supremacy :krs:

:smugfavre: I'm only kidding

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I just peeped an interview last night that he was asking out of curiosity, not so much as a "if yall want it ima make it happen" type question. He also said that he hasnt tried to sign Fedor...take it for what you will..he's been known to bullshyt with a straight face
I now the context in which it was asked but MMA news operates from the same playbook as tabloids.And every mma site just made a headline like "ufc boss talks fedor vs lesnar" which is obviously going to get a lot of hits (in spite of common sense) because that headline is eye grabbing. Dana knew that because he knows how thirsty MMA fans are.And in the end it worked because this nonsense and the other dream match rumour buried the ufc 151 debacle
u are being trolled, once gsp lays on condit (and given his tendency for fighting infrequently) the next time hes ready could easily coincide with the end of diaz suspension.You really think zuffa are going to walkaway from that to make a dream fight that only anderson really wants?

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I now the context in which it was asked but MMA news operates from the same playbook as tabloids.And every mma site just made a headline like "ufc boss talks fedor vs lesnar" which is obviously going to get a lot of hits (in spite of common sense) because that headline is eye grabbing. Dana knew that because he knows how thirsty MMA fans and in the end it worked because this nonsense and the other dream match rumour buried the ufc 151 debacle

Right, thats all im saying, i doubt he had any intention of setting the fight up outside of getting people on his dikk again.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
a ufc id watch, couldnt tell you the last one I saw