Dave Chappelle - Netflix Stand-Up (Official Thread)

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
mase-gif.gif

Michael Che's special was lite..
Decent at best..
I thought Che's joint was dope. Chappelle's joint is dope too. Don't let the haters make us pit these brothers against each other. Che still gettin his feet wet. Chappelle is on autopilot at this point in his career. Dudes expect so much, that his funny stuff dont even satisfy them.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Just watch the first one and it was great. The police pull over incident, tranny jokes, OJ, Cosby, etc... What makes him great versus someone like Hart is he ties in real world events to comedy. Eddie, red Foxx, Eddie Griffin, & of course pryor were great at that. First instance his story of how it was being black and fighting in world war.

Haven't seen the 2nd one but his special is still better than anything I've seen in the last 5 years. I did enjoy Che's specials though.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Seeing some moist dudes on another site upset about Dave's content on gays/transgender. :mjlol:

Probably same dudes okay with Louis CK saying ****** 50 times as a "joke".
fukk them dudes. Every one of his jokes on that topic had a partial apology and a caveat attached to it, it was obvious he wasnt trying to be a dikk about it. otherwise he wouldve just said his piece with no apologies.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
The only thing about these 2 specials is that Dave has gotten way more hollywood. I liked the second one better cuz that shyt was personal and he seemed to keep it more real. When he lit that cigarette, nikka flipped the switch :wow: First one was great, second one was all time.
they were good...but if the second one is all time...then what the fukk is killin them softly :wtf:
hyperbole all over this bytch

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He didn't even go that hard on them in Age of Spin. I thought it was a lite compared to most gay jokes I've hard comedians spit. shyts wasn't even offensive.
fukk them dudes. Every one of his jokes on that topic had a partial apology and a caveat attached to it, it was obvious he wasnt trying to be a dikk about it. otherwise he wouldve just said his piece with no apologies.
And that's how you know it's bad today. When a comedian is going out there way before the joke to make sure people understand it's a joke. Used to be able to just say it and be done with it :martin:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
I thought Che's joint was dope. Chappelle's joint is dope too. Don't let the haters make us pit these brothers against each other. Che still gettin his feet wet. Chappelle is on autopilot at this point in his career. Dudes expect so much, that his funny stuff dont even satisfy them.
Just my opinion..
Not placing people against each other..
To me it was light..
I don't impose my will for people to agree..
If you liked his stand up, it's all gravy but he's not my type of funny:yeshrug:

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Y'all are overrating the shyt out of this just cuz it's Dave Chapelle, and I'm saying this as someone who thinks he's the GOAT.

The first one (the one I've seen so far) isn't even as good as Michael Che's "Black Lives Matter" special :hhh:
you nikkas always wanna go against the grain.... Michael Che would probably spit on you for saying his special was better than Dave's lol