Dave East - Hdigh - (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Front to back piff. There isn’t a bad joint on this, nothing that sounds forced, every song a perfect balance of mature street rap and dope production.

My favorite joints off of it, from one listen, are:

Unbelievable
Deeper Than Love
After Taxes
John Lennon
No Cocaine (this beat is :blessed:)
Crash Out
Gregory Hines (a great ending and probably my favorite track)

I’ll be shocked if this doesn’t generate a buzz.

Mike Wins

All Star
Daps
Front to back piff. There isn’t a bad joint on this, nothing that sounds forced, every song a perfect balance of mature street rap and dope production.

My favorite joints off of it, from one listen, are:

Unbelievable
Deeper Than Love
After Taxes
John Lennon
No Cocaine (this beat is :blessed:)
Crash Out
Gregory Hines (a great ending and probably my favorite track)

I’ll be shocked if this doesn’t generate a buzz.

Dope project. Won't do anything to expand East audience though. Not that I care as a listener but interesting to see where he go from here. He presumably left Mass Appeal for Def Jam to expand but this a Mass Appeal type release

Daps
Dope project. Won't do anything to expand East audience though. Not that I care as a listener but interesting to see where he go from here. He presumably left Mass Appeal for Def Jam to expand but this a Mass Appeal type release
Why don’t you think it’ll expand his audience? I think it might convince those who disliked the derivative sound he began with to give him a second look.

:francis:

Mike Wins

All Star
Daps
Why don’t you think it’ll expand his audience? I think it might convince those who disliked the derivative sound he began with to give him a second look.

:francis:

Hope so. I always thought East was nice, this project is dope and beats really suit him but it's low key. Feel like most people who gonna fukk with it already checking for East. But off first listen it's his best project in a while

A187

All Star
Daps
Production on this got a groove that fit East style nicely. Appreciate East is doing nothing to cater to the crossover audience, just doing him, assuming this ain't a Def Jam release

East left def jam, he's independent now I believe