Dave East & Styles P - Beloved (Discussion Thread)

straightcash

All Star
Daps
@straightcash i agree with everything you said he should’ve done a video for ”Checc” with Offset a video For “we riding” & “Highly Anticipated” with Lil Durk he should’ve done a video for “On God” a video for “Moonwalking” and cut them other nikkaz off and added another verse east gotta lot of good songs but seems like his management is having trouble figuring out how to market him, since he’s trying to maintain his credibility

I think since he has a large female fanbase he should focus more on visuals & collaborate with other street artist females are feeling like Lil Durk, Moneybagg Yo Lil Baby Etc...

That's why I'm saying he got the superstar potential but not the superstar mentality. Women love him, he's fit and goodlookin. He's getting collabs left and right, but he not taking advantage of either of that.

Anyone can buy a feature from Durk and Offset. The difference is can you shoot the visual? He need to put videos out for his poppin songs, instead of disproportionately putting weight behind collabs with bodega bums who can't get poppin in they own city.

Daps
I already addressed that. Pay attention. How many of them have visuals? Only one and that's Snoop. The others he did only visuals with bunch of nobodies. Anyone can buy a verse off them, nobody cares unless you got a visual. You can read the rest above.

All them big collabs the last 2 years and he still can't get 1 mill hits on his own songs, SMH. He averaging 400k if its a visual, and some of his audios can't break 100k.

Wale ain't been popping in years, and Trel was never on.

Who the fukk is Kur? :mjlol: I know AB and Lo got a fanbase inside and outside of Philly. But what fanbase is Kur bringing?

I just looked him up. He got 2 poppin songs and only one of them over 1 mill and they both from 2 years ago. Kur doesn't have a solid fanbase. He got a couple videos on Worldstar that's all. You the first time I heard his name, he def not poppin in Philly then.

YOU UNDERSTAND

Things are bad with Dave in terms of trajectory. He has the following of an Indy that works super hard..not a mainstream act. It’s like people like to dance around numbers when it comes to him. His music simply isn’t generating a high level of interest. What type of poppin artists has videos with only two million views?

I’m always leary of artists who are on the scene for years but can’t produce a song people fukk with. Once things go sour it’s usua everyone’s fault but their own

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Juelz has songs that people were familiar with tho...

A Boogie
Cardi
Cas

All have come up while Dave has been on the scene. Cardi wasn’t being taken serious then Bodak happens.

A hit record is necessary...no way around it. If Dave can continue the way he’s been and still sell records then good for him. Otherwise Def Jam will cut their losses. You don’t think people in that building have been looking at all the noise ny artists have been making with their songs and wondering when is Dave going to capture that magic?

i agree with you but i never had him down as being "big" like that so its just amusing to me why everybody wants a say in what he should be doing. honestly, i feel like they're just going with the flow with no real plan at the minute which can be said for most NY artists but it might change when its album time if it ever comes to fruition.

we'll see if they get desperate.

i do find it quite bizarre he's not had a "record" yet..i'm not even talking about a hit. i'm talking about a song that everybody knows is yours and was at least big in the tristate...in a way, if you can't produced a record people love like a certain amount of time into your run its likely ymoght never. shyt, Vado managed to make 2 borderline 3 in a couple months then went to the wrong label.

the most glaring thing to me with Dave is that he's going to certain out of town guys for features for his projects but he's not showing up on theirs like that when him being on theirs would help him more than them being on his...i mean Glizzy put him on his tape and Civil would help with the Nipsey feature but a feature on Moneybagg, Trouble, G Herbo, Durk etc would help him some. you'd have thought even PNB would have had him on a joint by now.

Last edited:
Daps
i agree with you but i never had him down as being "big" like that so its just amusing to me why everybody wants a say in what he should be doing. honestly, i feel like they're just going with the flow with no real plan at the minute which can be said for most NY artists but it might change when its album time if it ever comes to fruition.

i do find it quite bizarre he's not had a "record" yet..i'm not even talking about a hit. i'm talking about a song that everybody knows is yours and was at least big in the tristate...in a way, if you can't produced a record people love like a certain amount of time into your run its likely ymoght never. shyt, Vado managed to make 2 borderline 3 in a couple months then went to the wrong label.

the most glaring thing to me with Dave is that he's going to certain out of town guys for features for his projects but he's not showing up on theirs like that when him being on theirs would help him more than them being on his...i mean Glizzy put him on his tape and Civil would help with the Nipsey feature but a feature on Moneybagg, Trouble, G Herbo, Durk etc would help him some.

I think people heap their expectations on him because he has the sort of on paper potential fans of ny rap haven’t seen in some time. If you were to tell me there’s a guy coming out of the city with a...

Nas co-sign
Major label backing
Student of the game
Women love him

I would say that nikka was destined for big things. Unfortunately yiu can have all the ancillary things working in your favor but if you don’t have that unique skill set it’s pointless. Unfortunately for Dave he’s judged on the same scale of the people he’s been influenced by and he just doesn’t have half the talent that any of those guys have. Maybe if he was from Memphis the pressure to be this lyrical savant wouldn’t be there and he could just make music but then again if he was from Memphis he would have to show he has a handle on melodies & song making which he hasn’t up until now

How has this guy been on the scene this long and not have one song the tri state rocks with much less the country?

Casanova is pretty marginal rapper yet Don’t Run & Set Trippin gave him juice in the club

This shyt is, hasn’t nor will ever be rocket science

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is positive.

Dave East went from collabin with Breezy, Beanie and Wiz to spending a whole year collabing with a bunch of no-names (Neek Bucks, King Shooter...) he found at his local bodega who ain't even on in NY nevermind anywhere else. His career was literally going backwards, and a lot of us stopped checking.

Glad he linking up with Styles P.

It's much smarter to collab with underground rappers from other markets who got a buzz like you, than to collab with nobodies from your own state. That's how you expand your fanbase. Dave East got everything from his collabs with Breezy, Beanie Siegal, Methodman, etc. Learn from that, collab with some nikkas from West Coast, Philly, DMV, so forth. Some joints with Q Da Fool, AR-AB/Dark Lo, and Joe Blow would be cool cuz they poppin where they from and their styles mesh well. Instead of wasting a mixtape with Vado who can't even get on in New York.

It's incredibly fukked up how we look at things sometimes. Dave East came back to his hood and gave a bunch of local artists more exposure. It doesn't matter if I like them or not, it's an honorable move. Let's at least give him that. That's what everyone begs anybody who has ever made it from any hood to do. HE DID IT. He earned my respect by doing that. Show me other some artists who have recently done the same.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

the most glaring thing to me with Dave is that he's going to certain out of town guys for features for his projects but he's not showing up on theirs like that when him being on theirs would help him more than them being on his...i mean Glizzy put him on his tape and Civil would help with the Nipsey feature but a feature on Moneybagg, Trouble, G Herbo, Durk etc would help him some. you'd have thought even PNB would have had him on a joint by now.
To me this is that record :manny:

Also, the Breezy record got 30 million views :hubie:

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He's on maaddd nikkas mixtapes and albums. I swear you nikkas just starting paying attention to this nikka yesterday or really wanna manage him

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I already addressed that. Pay attention. How many of them have visuals? Only one and that's Snoop. The others he did only visuals with bunch of nobodies. Anyone can buy a verse off them, nobody cares unless you got a visual. You can read the rest above.

All them big collabs the last 2 years and he still can't get 1 mill hits on his own songs, SMH. He averaging 400k if its a visual, and some of his audios can't break 100k.

Wale ain't been popping in years, and Trel was never on.

Who the fukk is Kur? :mjlol: I know AB and Lo got a fanbase inside and outside of Philly. But what fanbase is Kur bringing?

I just looked him up. He got 2 poppin songs and only one of them over 1 mill and they both from 2 years ago. Kur doesn't have a solid fanbase. He got a couple videos on Worldstar that's all. You the first time I heard his name, he def not poppin in Philly then.
I agree with the visuals thing. East picks the most street songs to do videos in the hood. There's a lot of great records that could have been big had he shot a video and got Def Jam to push them like Checc with Offset and Woke Up with Tory Lanez. He did put the video for No Stylist with Blocboy on World Star.

Most East videos got a million views plus wym. :dwillhuh:

Wale is still a known name and Trel name ring more bells than Q Da Fool who I never heard of

Ar-Ab and Dark Lo? My nikka those are old heads making super goon rap. What views do them nikkas got? East might as well work with Conway and Westside Gunn while we at it. Kur is a popping young street rapper in Philly.

Last edited:

straightcash

All Star
Daps
It's incredibly fukked up how we look at things sometimes. Dave East came back to his hood and gave a bunch of local artists more exposure. It doesn't matter if I like them or not, it's an honorable move. Let's at least give him that. That's what everyone begs anybody who has ever made it from any hood to do. HE DID IT. He earned my respect by doing that. Show me other some artists who have recently done the same.

You can do collabs with locals AND put yourself on. Where all the big name visuals? This isn't an either-or issue. You can do both, but he didn't. He dropped videos with nikkas nobody cared for month to month this past year.

Rap business ain't a charity. But it's his life, run it how ya want it.

If you think him putting nikkas on is his job, then tell him to become an A&R. This shyt about selling entertainment, not charity work, and clearly no more than 400k fukking with Dave like that when he should be doing a milly off the rip. He probably doesn't even realize it cuz he came up doing 20-30k, now that he multiplied it 10x, he not realizing he should be doing 50x with the resources and backing he's had. He settled.

I agree with the visuals thing. East picks the most street songs to do videos in the hood. There's a lot of great records that could have been big had he shot a video and got Def Jam to push them like Checc with Offset and Woke Up with Tory Lanez. He did put the video for No Stylist with Blocboy on World Star.

Wale is still a known name and Trel name ring more bells than Q Da Fool who I never heard of

Ar-Ab and Dark Lo? My nikka those are old heads making super goon rap. What views do them nikkas got? East might as well work with Conway and Westside Gunn while we at it. Kur is a popping young street rapper in Philly.

Nah brah. Only a fraction of his visuals got million plus, I'm talking this year, not before that. The only one's higher are the ones with the likes of Breezy, Wiz and them big names.

How come more of those fans don't stick around and become Dave East's fans permanently?
And if thats worked, then why not do more of it? More visuals with big name artists instead of just no-names...

Anyways, i made my piece to y'all three. Y'all can upvote each other all day long, but I had 3 nikkas agree with me too.

I ain't a female so I won't defend him just for being him like some doing, I'm tryna see him win for real. Maximize his potential, and stop fukking with fans over petty lame shyt.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
He's on maaddd nikkas mixtapes and albums. I swear you nikkas just starting paying attention to this nikka yesterday or really wanna manage him

read what i said again. who from outside of the tri-state that is popping put him on a tape ?

all i could think of from the people i like are Nipsey, Mozzy and Glizzy got him on something..cool. i just said with it would be good for the guys who've popped up on his projects to put him on theirs as i'm sure it would benefit him more.

:yeshrug:

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

dark lo is 1 year older than east.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You can do collabs with locals AND put yourself on. Where all the big name visuals? This isn't an either-or issue. You can do both, but he didn't. He dropped videos with nikkas nobody cared for month to month this past year.

Rap business ain't a charity. But it's his life, run it how ya want it.

If you think him putting nikkas on is his job, then tel
l him to become an A&R. This shyt about selling entertainment, not charity work, and clearly no more than 400k fukking with Dave like that when he should be doing a milly off the rip. He probably doesn't even realize it cuz he came up doing 20-30k, now that he multiplied it 10x, he not realizing he should be doing 50x with the resources and backing he's had. He settled.

Nah brah. Only a fraction of his visuals got million plus, I'm talking this year, not before that. The only one's higher are the ones with the likes of Breezy, Wiz and them big names.

How come more of those fans don't stick around and become Dave East's fans permanently?
And if thats worked, then why not do more of it? More visuals with big name artists instead of just no-names...

Anyways, i made my piece to y'all three. Y'all can upvote each other all day long, but I had 3 nikkas agree with me too.

I ain't a female so I won't defend him just for being him like some doing, I'm tryna see him win for real. Maximize his potential, and stop fukking with fans over petty lame shyt.
Nah breh most of East’s visuals for his projects got over a million views hell so do Eastmixes

I’m all for criticism but East is not a 400K view artist you dragging it