Dave Ramsey says DO NOT file for unemployment, work at Amazon and deliver pizzas instead

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Cliffs: Caller makes $25k per annum and believes he is about to be laid off. Dave's guest advises man to do everything he can to avoid UI. Dave agrees, says people need to get off their lazy butts and get to work. Advises man to work at Amazon during the day and deliver pizzas at night:skip:

You heard him brehs. The man who got his break into real estate using family connections to secure a million dollars in funding at the age of 26 said yall lazy and trifling for drawing unemployment during a pandemic:ufdup:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
A lot of nikkas SWEAR by Dave Ramsey though. And let's be real, if this was say, five months ago, you all would agree with him because I saw the exact same advice given here before. Y'all used to love promoting those sorry ass, exploitative gig economy jobs.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I think Ramsey is spot on about some things but off the mark on some others, like pretty much all financial talking heads. Find the advice you need at the stage of life you're in. Might be Ramsey when you're starting out, then Suzy Orman down the road etc.

But to the OP, I kind of agree with him on this one. We are about to go into a deep recession right now. I'd rather have a job that can meet my financial obligations than "cake" off a limited supply of UI.

EDIT: Worst time to be looking for a job is in a recession with large unemployment.

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of nikkas SWEAR by Dave Ramsey though. And let's be real, if this was say, five months ago, you all would agree with him because I saw the exact same advice given here before. Y'all used to love promoting those sorry ass, exploitative gig economy jobs.

As a poor person who has received both government assistance and unemployment, working has way more "freedom" than getting assistance. Having a cap on the amount of money you can make, sucks ass. I remember a couple years back having to redetermine for food stamp eligibility, I was borrowing money from family to pay what's necessary, and they wanted to know the names and numbers of people I was borrowing the money from. I told them I was selling ass on craigslist and didn't know the people's names :heh: Unemployment is a weekly hassle as well. It's not worth it, unless of course you're bringing in more than your salary.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Work like a dog at Amazon during the day be tired then go and deliver pizzas and potentially fall asleep at the wheel.

Sound advice. Where do find time to rest and recuperate?

:francis:

exactly these nikkas talking about work at amazon like shyt is easy...:mjlol: nikkas work 8-10 hours backbreaking work where people are literally dying THEN deliver pizza at night on top of that...:bryan: FOH nikka....