DC brehs I got a question about slang. other DMV brehs can answer too...

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
I spent most of my twenties there :ehh: but I haven't been back since 2010 :snoop:

anyways, so Philly folks use the word "jawn" but I distinctly remember DC cats using their own variation of it that was pronounced "joan" or "jone" but it basically means the same thing, a descriptor for pretty much anything
"jonin'" on somebody was when you were cracking jokes on them at their own expense if I recall correctly :patrice:

also, I was always under the impression that to "carry" somebody meant to disrespect them somehow :jbhmm:

I haven't heard anybody say "you lunchin'" in so long :mjcry:

I'm coming back to visit the fam in February so I'm sure it'll all come back to me :jawalrus:

or am I too :flabbynsick: am nobody talks like that anymore :francis:

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I’m happy you made this thread. Perhaps @Dad can stop dikkriding other places and focus on his own habitat and educate others

:mjlol:

The only person dikkriding is you - sending me DM’s, mentioning me in damn near every thread you’re in. You want some attention, Patricia? You want some acknowledgement? Some positive affirmation? What are you missing in life that has you this pressed for male attention?

Last edited:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
The only person dikkriding is you - sending messages, mentioning me in damn near every thread you’re in. You want some attention, Patricia? You want some acknowledgement? Some positive affirmation? What are you missing in life that has you this pressed for male attention?
what is going on in here right now :gucci: