Mixtapes & EPs De La Soul Is Dead 30th Anniversary

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
kWIoxAn.jpg

PrJWp8d.jpg

0dy9usH.jpg

The classic De La Soul Is Dead album recently celebrated it's 30th Anniversary, so you know I had to pay homage with a tribute mix of blends and original samples.
Where do y'all rank it in their discography?

EDIT: Soundcloud link added

Last edited:

H@LLOW

All green everything
Supporter
Daps
Unfortunately the Coli don’t care.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Breh how do you get around copyright claims? I know a few of the videos I liked on your channel not available on some copyright shyt. I just did a video breaking down a Jay Z song, and didn’t even play the whole song and just had a few 5-6 second clips, and that shyt got taken down as soon as it was uploaded :why:

I’m guessing the software that analyze the audio is catching the music or the words or both. Can you get around that shyt by pitching it down or up a little?

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
Breh how do you get around copyright claims? I know a few of the videos I liked on your channel not available on some copyright shyt. I just did a video breaking down a Jay Z song, and didn’t even play the whole song and just had a few 5-6 second clips, and that shyt got taken down as soon as it was uploaded :why:

I’m guessing the software that analyze the audio is catching the music or the words or both. Can you get around that shyt by pitching it down or up a little?

It depends where you upload them. YouTube is usually the easiest place to upload, because 95% of the time the YouTube ID algorithm ID's and monetizes each song on my mix back to the copyright holder. Certain ones aren't authorized for even monetization, so in those cases my blends either got blocked (all my Jay-Z stuff seems to get blocked), or there's an option to mute the track in the mixtape.
Maybe you can get around it by blending vocals over different beats, but most of the time I think they can still ID it. I don't think pitching it up or down changes much, unless it's by a lot

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It depends where you upload them. YouTube is usually the easiest place to upload, because 95% of the time the YouTube ID algorithm ID's and monetizes each song on my mix back to the copyright holder. Certain ones aren't authorized for even monetization, so in those cases my blends either got blocked (all my Jay-Z stuff seems to get blocked), or there's an option to mute the track in the mixtape.
Maybe you can get around it by blending vocals over different beats, but most of the time I think they can still ID it. I don't think pitching it up or down changes much, unless it's by a lot

Yeah I was thinking the software probably too advanced to trick it by altering the pitch a little. And you can only change the pitch so much before it don’t make sense. My video is basically me playing like five 6-8 second clips of the song and me stopping and talking in between. I’m guessing putting other vocals behind it like you said is the best way to trick the software. But I’m guessing it need to be loud enough to confuse it. But then it might be too loud for listeners smh