Dealing with strained muscles

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Any experience with recovering from strained muscle from weight training or exercise?

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Strained 2 muscles so far. Lower back and abdominal. The lower back one hurt more but easier to lift around as long as I avoided certain excercises. Abdominal had me out the gym for 2 weeks. Can't do any excercise really that doesn't contract your abominals.

Make sure to ice it the first 48 hours then apply heat after. Make sure to start stretching it after the first 3 days from injury. If it's a area where you can massage do so couple times a day softly. And try to avoid all movements that add any additional strain. And you will be back to gain season relatively quick.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Any experience with recovering from strained muscle from weight training or exercise?
I dealt with a severe hip adductor strain. Kept me from seriously training legs for over 6 months. I couldn't drive for more than 30 minutes without pain from the car seat

I have also dealt with 2 different lower back strains that limited me for over a month

There is no cure, but I absoultely still recommend working out the muscle LIGHTLY. It will heal a its own pace, but it needs exercise. Your body will compensate and not use the muscle and it will heal slower if you dont train it