DEBATE OF THE DAY: Should Convicted Felons Have THE RIGHT To Vote?

Should Convicted Felons Have The Right To Vote?

• Total voters

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
Aight, I'm in Virginia and my governor just restored convicted felons voting rights. Should convicted felons vote down the line? Yes. However, I feel they have to earn that by being productive in society and etc for a certain length of time. So, what are your thoughts on this?

Basically, I don't think convicts should be able to vote when they just got out of prison. They have to earn it in my opinion.

If that's the case everybody should have to earn the right to vote most of these people don't even know the three branches of government but proudly cast their vote every 4 years. Ask somebody what's the House of Representatives and they going look at you like you're speaking a foreign language

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Incarceration disproportionately affects certain segments of the population. What you're effectively asking is should African Americans and low income people be shut out of and disenfranchised in politics even more so than they already are. The answer is no

But why do they have to earn it if they already served their time? Most people don't do any research on the people they vote for. Most just vote on party lines. Besides it's not like they are walking out of prison and straight to the polls. They'll have time to caught up to current events.

#BrehettesForConvictedFelons :banderas::wow:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Isn't that belief an direct contradiction to the idea of a democracy in the first place though breh?
I suppose, but we're talking about felons who did a 15 to 20 year bid. Yes, they do have rights, but I feel they should earn that through good behavior. Maybe a year of saying clean and doing right sure. We want them to be productive and successful in society.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I suppose, but we're talking about felons who did a 15 to 20 year bid. Yes, they do have rights, but I feel they should earn that through good behavior. Maybe a year of saying clean and doing right sure. We want them to be productive and successful in society.

Nah breh, if your born or have obtain your citizenship in this country you have the right to vote. You can't make stipulations on who can who can't. That's garbage. And does nothing but play into the whole judgemental attitude that upper class Americans have in regards to what qualifies to be an American.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
Once they're out of prison they should have all the rights everyone else has. They've served their time.

I wouldn't let someone currently in prison vote though.