Denzel Washington and Spike Lee Reuniting to Remake Kurosawa’s ‘High and Low’ with A24 and Apple

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Spike Lee needs editors and people willing to put their hand on his shoulder and say "No." He's always had good source material
When Spike started making films he never knew if he'd get to make another one. So he'd throw in as much as possible. It worked a lot of times. Especially in the 80s/90s. However its been a bad habit to shake every now and then. I think he has too much respect for the source material to just throw in anything.

Loggie

All Star
Daps
The original is one of my all time favorite thrillers. This could be blasphemous and disasterous. Spike already fukked up remaking Old Boy and Denzel's Manchurian candidate wasn't seeing the OG
giphy.gif

You have a point. I did enjoy Manchurian Candidate though 7/10 for me.

I’ll have to watch the original this year.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Fresh from his Oscar-nominated role in “American Fiction,” Jeffrey Wright has joined the cast of “High and Low.” The re-imagining of the Akira Kurosawa classic thriller is being directed by Spike Lee and will star Denzel Washington. Lee wrote the script with Alan Fox for the English-language adaptation of the story of a wealthy man dealing with a kidnapping. Production on the Apple Original Films starts this month.

In addition to Washington, “High and Low” also stars Ilfenesh Hadera (“Billions”). A24 will release the film theatrically before its global launch on Apple TV+.