Derrick Rose thinking about 2017 free agency contract

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ct-derrick-rose-media-day-20150928

CHICAGO -- Bulls guard Derrick Rose acknowledged Monday that free agency is on his mind, despite the fact his free agency is still two years away.

Answering a question about his mindset amid a civil suit filed against him over the summer, Rose veered into a discussion about his pending free agency.

Derrick Rose proclaims innocence in civil suit[/paste:font]
Derrick Rose says he "will be proven innocent" of the sexual misconduct accusations brought against him this summer.

"This whole summer I had tunnel vision," he said. "My mindset was just making sure that I was working out every day and spending as much time as possible with my son and focusing on them two things.

"Making sure that my family is financially stable -- as far as, you see all the money that they're passing out in this league, [I'm] just telling the truth, just knowing that my day will be coming up soon. It's not for me, it's for [son] P.J. and his future. so that's what I'm thinking about right now."

Rose reasserted a few moments later he still believes his future is in Chicago, but with all the big money coming into the league because of the new television deals, he wants to keep the possibilities open.

"It's here," he said. "But when you talk about that much money, the only thing you can do is prepare for it, trying to prepare not only myself but my family. I'm doing all of this for my son. I'm thinking about his future even though we're all right, we're comfortable. When you talk about that 'X' amount of dollars, I think it raises everyone's eyebrows. It's nothing wrong with being over-prepared."

Rose signed a five-year max extension worth close to $95 million before the 2011-2012 season, but he has played in only 100 regular-season games since then because of various injuries, including three serious knee injuries.

Despite his ongoing health woes, Rose, 26, still believes he is one of the best players in the game.

"I can't get caught up into that," Rose said, referring to talk about his game. "I know I'm great. It's a lot of people that don't know I'm great, that's the thing. But it's cool. I know I can hoop. You can put me anywhere, and I know how to play the game of basketball."

Derrick Rose of Chicago Bulls -- Free agency 2 years out but in view

That extra $$$ gotta go somewhere... :yeshrug:why not him? Its the same percentage as before...

5 yrs/$95mil is Harrison Barnes / Tristan Thompson money now apparently. :russ: 4th/5th options on teams getting $90mil+ now.

New max will be around 5 / $205mil in 2017. :feedme:
Same reason why Bron doing 1yr contracts
screen%20shot%202015-06-29%20at%2012.27.42%20pm.png

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man you all need to shut the fukk up trying to make this a story just like the dumbass media in Chicago :pacspit:

As if we havent seen countless players talk about the explosion of the cap, and thus player contracts

He wants to earn that contact, hes not asking for a handout

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The media will probably try and run wild with it, but it sounds to me that he realizes he's been an injury prone shell of himself since signing his last contract and if he wants to have one more big pay day for his fam, he's gonna have to step his shyt up and disprove the notion that he can't be an elite superstar anymore. Hence why he's had 'tunnel vision' only focusing on bball and his son.

j7thirty

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHI-Town
Man you all need to shut the fukk up trying to make this a story just like the dumbass media in Chicago :pacspit:

As if we havent seen countless players talk about the explosion of the cap, and thus player contracts

He wants to earn that contact, hes not asking for a handout

Pretty much he knows he need to be 21-23 and at least 7 and healthy these next 2 years to get that max deal and everyone knows it.

All the stars talking bout that. Y'all don't think him and Russell talked about that this offseason while they was working out and went 20 times harder thinking bout it?

Hell yea they did 200m is crazy

Daps
What money? Max to play 30 games? :deadrose::camby:

Yea your right he shouldn't want the max, he should be like you if you were in his shoes and turn down a max contract to help Reinsdorf fat ass:skip:.

He's worth what a team is willing to pay him.

:camby: