Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Also are we pretending to like country music now just because of beyonce? :scust:
I like country. Old school country that is. To see people suddenly pretend to like country because of Bey disgusts me and shows many truly only care about what's cool. Black folks care way too much about what others think. This is now a country music appreciation thread.

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was created by Black cowboys. More of our folks identified with the Blues so that's where the focus went. The excitement of the Blues led to more ears and stories being told about it. Country music didn't and don't have that kind of excitement.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I like country. Old school country that is. To see people suddenly pretend to like country because of Bey disgusts me and shows many truly only care about what's cool. Black folks care way too much about what others think. This is now a country music appreciation thread.

Don’t be a snob about entertainment thats corny as fukk

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Don’t be a snob about entertainment thats corny as fukk
I'm not being a snob. If people have actual interest and appreciation for the music, that's all well and good. But if they're just using it for social points, they need to be called out. A lot of black folks say,"we created rock" but can't tell you a single Chuck Berry or Little Richard song. As a black artist this is my business and I abhor how black audiences seem to use black artists to propel their narratives at the expense of black artists. For many it's not really about the art. It's about styling on white people and claiming "we made this" but actually ask them about the music and you can tell they don't give a single fukk about it. It's the fakeness that gets me.

I'm happy there's interest in country music from the people because of Beyonce but at the very least make it genuine.

Last edited: