Did ya'll know John Wayne was racist?

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Never watched a John Wayne movie and dont care to....that tough guy persona seemed fake as fukk even before I read about the racist stuff. And yea this dude was extra with it even for back then. fukk a John Wayne :pacspit:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone knows this?

His films were garbage as well. I love westerns but John Wayne was always an actor with zero range and his movies were always cliche ridden garbage.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
xikf87h4dticyfxu3qwa.jpg
conqueror.jpg

biopic_fullyc_025.jpg

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
What he said about the natives Americans was more insensitive...the first part sounds like standard anti affirmative action rhetoric. Your looking at something from a much different prism before people became more articulate in framing these positions

Views are still widely held its just the language to express them has gone through an evolution...his views were What the majority of Americans believed in at the time

As for the native Americans I've heard better excuses by using they died of famine and disease argument...John Wayne was just really bias with his pro America manifest destiny and it doesn't sound right reading it in 2016

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
My dad is the biggest Western fan in the world and he never fooled with anything John Wayne related. Ever. I remember my dad and my uncle would see John Wayne movie on TV and be, "Awww sh*t, change the channel I don't fool with no John Wayne"

He's just a phony guy, even on film. If you have the eyes to see it.

But he's the tough talking faux tough guy who's loved the type of ppl who vote for George Bush/Cheaney, etc. In fact, look at how similar George Bush's tough talking speeches are to John Wayne

But yeah, here's another quote:

:mjpls:

fukk this clown

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breaking News: John Wayne, an old man from the jim crow era was racist.

In other news, trump.