Did you graduate from a community college?

thatdude954

All Star
Daps
First 3 posters were trynna clown me
Tried to call me crazy
I see how it is
:mjcry:

srsly tho, I shoulda took it srsly and got a scholarship. I thought as long as you pass, you pass.
@B_Da_Mang89
I thought Financial aid cut you off after you get your AA?

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
How do you graduate from a cc with a 4 year degree, and they only have 2 year degrees?

No one sees that you went to a cc after you transfer and get a degree from a 4 year.
You're wrong.

When you apply for a graduate program to get a Masters Degree, they will need to see the capacity in which you attended a CC. Once they get your transcripts from a 4 year institution and see two(or however many) years worth of coursework, they will request the supplemental coursework from the previous institutions.

If you had a Masters degree you'd know that. :yeshrug:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Tried to call me crazy
I see how it is

srsly tho, I shoulda took it srsly and got a scholarship. I thought as long as you pass, you pass.
@B_Da_Mang89

Yeah it does but all i need is an AA for my career. (And certs but that's outside of class)

Giselle

Daps
You're wrong.

When you apply for a graduate program to get a Masters Degree, they will need to see the capacity in which you attended a CC. Once they get your transcripts from a 4 year institution and see two(or however many) years worth of coursework, they will request the supplemental coursework from the previous institutions.

If you had a Masters degree you'd know that. :yeshrug:

Ok I'm pretty sure he was talking about employers, but :yeshrug:

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
Tried to call me crazy
I see how it is

@B_Da_Mang89
if you're in your degree program then you should qualify for financial aid. The only time they would cut you off is if you're taking classes outside your major or not maintaining a satisfactory gpa.
Also, since it's a cc, how come pell grant isn't enough to cover your expenses?

thatdude954

All Star
Daps
if you're in your degree program then you should qualify for financial aid. The only time they would cut you off is if you're taking classes outside your major or not maintaining a satisfactory gpa.
Also, since it's a cc, how come pell grant isn't enough to cover your expenses?
The Pell does cover my classes at CC. I was under the impression that they cut you off after a certain amount of time.

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
I did. Two years later I got my bachelor's degree at a university.

^^^ I believe this is ideal if people didn't do so well in HS.

Don't waste your time at a community college though. 4 years is too much, do a year or two and go to a university/college if you can. One of the reasons is they tend to have more resources than a community college, and you can probably land internships as well.

Last edited:

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
Good employers ask for your complete academic history and transcripts when coming out of college or entering associate level positions also. :yeshrug:

Or if you performed well during your internships they probably won't ask.

I know a guy in the computer science department that didn't perform well at academia, around 2.3 GPA. But he was able to land a few internships and did pretty well in that position (so he claimed) and 3M hired him full-time. I will admit, my first thought was, "they hired you because you're white and fit in with the culture. They wouldn't hire a Black guy with that record", but he probably did do good work in his internship, then I thought, "wtf am I giving this guy leeway for?" I was just going through a range of thoughts when he told me that 2 years ago. Now he is earning $90k. :dead: